Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 13th, 2001, 11:39 AM   #1
Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Claridge's Service Experience

So, after a disappointing experience with Anderson-Behel's service dispatcher, I spoke with Claridge in Fremont. The service dispatcher there was MUCH cooler and got me in within almost a week (versus two months at A-B).

I spoke with Kimo Sanchez (the service rep) and Rick the Porsche Service Manager. My problems are relatively minor but they were cool about it. I'm having it in for: 1) engine idle is rough, 2) litronics not aimed properly, 3) brake squeal, 4) problems with passenger side glass, 5) program doors to lock at 5mph.

They've offered to cover all this under warranty, even though #5 is definitely not a warranty item, and some of these problems are only an issue for the really really picky enthusiast like myself.

They also agreed to not wash it, per my request. While my "loaner" is a crappy Chevy Cavalier from Enterprise, at least its a loaner, which is better than a lot of places in the Bay Area.

Theoretically, my car will be done this afternoon and if I pick it up and at least two of my 5 points are addressed and my car hasn't been machine washed I'll be pretty damned happy

-Brian
Old February 13th, 2001, 12:08 PM   #2
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Re: Claridge's Service Experience

> While my "loaner" is a crappy Chevy Cavalier

Hey! My previous car (and still my second car) is a 96 Chevy Cavalier Z24 (2.4L dual-overhead cam). A great little zippy car for the money!

Of course it's no Boxster.

Yoseif

Old February 13th, 2001, 01:16 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

As far as picky owners go... I believe that

I broke them in for you already

My car goes in for service tomorrow. It's also a good idea to place a Do Not Wash sign in the car as an added precaution.
Old February 13th, 2001, 04:42 PM   #4
Ron Leavitt

Thanks Brian

I've justbooked my first service @ Claridge's on your recommendation. Std maintainance and a few program changes (dipping mirror, 5mph door lock), and a roof rattle.

I WILL NOT go to Carlsen and AB is a bit too far with much too long a wait.

Ron
Old February 13th, 2001, 07:14 PM   #5
Joe Castilla

Re: Claridge's Service Experience

I went to Anderson Behl for the 1st time after I bought my Boxter S for a nail that I found in the rear tire that was leaking.The guy who came out to look at my car was a jerk and was really no help. I will never go back again.
Old February 13th, 2001, 10:53 PM   #6
Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Follow up part 1

Well, I'll give them credit for 3 out of 5, plus a BIG BIG extra credit for getting my car done 1) in one day and 2) when they said they would, and also 3) for not charging me anything.

Kimo Sanchez was the guy I worked with.

They re-aimed the headlights and programmed the door locks, couldn't find any problems on the scope insofar as the rough idle is concerned and said the reason my brakes were squealing is that they are still too new.

They basically said I hadn't been driving the car hard enough and that things would "settle in" over time. Not driving hard enough??? Me??? Well then. Sounds like a challenge

I pick the car up tomorrow morning and assuming everything is a-ok, Claridge has just won my service business forever.
Old February 14th, 2001, 12:35 PM   #7
Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Part 2, Summary and Recommendation

I picked up the Boxster this morning whilst enjoying Claridge's free donuts and coffee. Per my request the car was unwashed and brought out promptly.

While waiting, I ran into Tom "Deerslayer" Morris who was bringing his Boxster in for service.

Rick the Porsche Service Manager spent a substantial amount of time with me going over everything they did or didn't do and just sort of chatting. He also showed me how to access my rear window from underneath and behind. Good tip.

Rick was clearly uncomfortable with me leaving in my unwashed Boxster and assured me it would be hand washed without a high pressure sprayer using wool mitts and artificial chamois dried. So, I let him do it. Why not?

Rick also said he'd work with us on V1 stuff, and that he can do fabrications and would help us with experiments and DIY projects to ensure that everything was in-warranty etc etc.

Bottom line: I am very very pleased with the service at Claridge's and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I will definitely make my next appointment there.

The level of personal service, the loaner car, the no-charge stuff, the amount of time with Rick, all adds up to a big wow factor. Very very impressive.
Old February 14th, 2001, 01:11 PM   #8
x99shark

where is they at? *NM*

Old February 14th, 2001, 02:47 PM   #9
Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Fremont. Automall off 880 *NM*

Old February 14th, 2001, 03:16 PM   #10
Magic Mtn Dan

Not far from The BABBLERS garage & Jack's our lunch spot! *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman