Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 13th, 2001, 11:05 AM   #1
Calvin Cheng

Any experience with the Neo 35 MP3 player

I'm interested in getting one.
The pros I can think of.
- It is a hard disk unit. I hate burning CDs and I can have a hard disk potentially holding every piece of music I may want to listen to.
- I can share a single unit between my 2 cars. I can save money that way.
However, I'm concerned about the quality of the product and also the usability of the software. Anyone of you have experience?
Also, I believe that the Boxster's headunit does not have an aux input. So I would have to go with FM modulation or replace the headunit. I also need to check out the back of the Alpine CVA-1000 that I have on the other car. I believe it has aux input, but a special adapter is needed to make it work.

Neo 35
Old February 13th, 2001, 10:45 PM   #2
Jay in SF

i know that someones done it before

which stereo do you have?

ask the almighty tool-pants (barbie boxster)for the links if anyone would have them, he wold.
Old February 14th, 2001, 10:52 AM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

Look another Jay-sighting! He's come up for air!

Good to see you again Jay! Getting used to your cupholder?
Old February 14th, 2001, 05:44 PM   #4
Barbie Boxster

I think Jay is still trying to screw

in the 6 screws that hold the CD changer to the bracket.

Jeff

Old February 16th, 2001, 04:19 PM   #5
x99shark

Here is how to get AUX input to you head unit

Call Becker USA at 888 423 3537. Press 4 for sales. Order part number 1313 116 276. Cost $32.00 and comes with instructions and radio removal keys.

It plugs into the back of your head unit and gives you aux inputs for MP3 players or ..... "SECRET PROJECT X" :-)

BTW, this wonderful information came to me from the nice folks at Reus Systems. Just amazingly good pre/post sales support from these guys.

regards
-Ed
Old February 16th, 2001, 04:27 PM   #6
x99shark

Another option

If you have a CD-changer. Do this. (already posted this a minute ago but it never showed up, sorry if you get this twice)

http://home.netcom.com/~mosierjr/PicsPage14.htm

http://http://home.netcom.com/~mosierjr/PicsPage14.htm
Old February 17th, 2001, 02:31 PM   #7
Calvin Cheng

Thanks a lot. That's a godsend NM *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman