Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 18th, 2003, 08:44 PM   #1
karlooz

AndersonBehel - praise and customer appreciation

thanks to keith rogers and the guys at Anderson Behel Porsche! after diagnosing a bad intermediate shaft bearing, they went to bat on my behalf and got a spankin new replacemnet engine from porsche. ya i had to pay for the labour but it was a small price to pay for a car that is 3 years out of warranty, me being the third owner and hasn't been maintained by an authorised porsche dealer. well i think i will be servicing my car at AB from now on cause they just hooked me up and now don't want to jeopardize the engine's new warranty.

funny, when things went wrong again (i had the RMS replace a year ago) the whole situation soured my porsche "experience" and i just wanted to get rid of the boxster but i realised how much i really loved this car after not having her for 2 weeks. i was driving a MB SL320 and that thing is a pig! comfy - definitely, high quality - absolutely but it's still a pig (slow, soft and heavy!).

carlos (almaden)
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #2
Tool Pants

Re: AndersonBehel - praise and customer appreciation

I was at AB yesterday and just got back from the Cayenne intro. Peter told me about your car. I should have taken a picture of it in the shop. I even saw them moving your replacement motor from the storage shed into the shop in a big cardboard box. Well, I think it was your car. A silver '98 with a bike rack attachment and aftermarket alarm, and I think the calipers were painted red.

Old March 18th, 2003, 10:17 PM   #3
karlooz

dude, you get around TP!

yup that was mine. you forgot to mention the shoddy paint match on the driver's side front quarter panel

my wife and i actually passed by to pick up her car from the parking lot. we shouda stopped in but i didn't have my invite and we had stuff to do anyway.

how did you like the peppar?

carlos
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:40 PM   #4
Tool Pants

Eyes everywhere

I was there for 3 hours yesterday. Watched them push your car into the shop and on the rack. Up in the air then one big box with a motor in it goes under the car. I saw some tools in the trunk, such as a craftsman breaker bar, so I figured it was the owner's tools. I know the mechanic who replaced your motor. Your aftermarket alarm drive him crazy until he figured out how to shut it off. I laughed when I saw the K&N filter sticker on your air box.

Then I started to talk to Jason about it and Keith said it was his. Should have taken pictures of your engine replacement and then put a funny note under the seat. I have seen your car somewhere b/f but I cannot remember where. You did not need an invite for the Cayenne thing and some other Babblers were there.
Old March 19th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #5
karlooz

Re: Eyes everywhere

i don't usually have a use for the breaker bar so i keep it in the trunk for roadside wheel changes. it's a lot better than using the lug tool from the tool kit.

ya, i asked keith to call me when the engine was going in but again i was swamped at work.

doh that damned alarm! i forgot to ask them how to turn of the light microswitches. someone told me (might even be you) that it could be the cause for the alarm triggering. it goes off exactly 2 hours after i closed the doors and set the alarm. maybe my tech already fixed it. i noticed that the interior lights would not go on unless i had the key in the ignition and in the ON position. i'll test it out later.

carlos (almaden - soon to be campbell)

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.