Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:04 PM   #1
Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)

Brakes fluid change complete.....God bless Powerbleeder!

Thanks to Jeff, Eric in Dallas and others for their input and pictures. Bleeding the brakes was a breeze. My only thorn was that f***ing clutch valve! Nightmare, it took me 20 min. to find the valve and I probably wish I had'nt. I think I now qualify for Cirque de Soleil performing as the rubber man. Getting a wrench on that valve was near impossible, so I used a socket to loosen with exciting results . I may pass on the clutch next time. I will never have mushy brakes again

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:32 PM   #2
Tool Pants

Even on a lift you need a rubber arm

You need a rubber arm to bleed the Audi slave cylinder, even when it is on a lift.

For others, you can get to it if you remove the right rear wheel, look for the coils to the slave cylinder, then find the rubber cap. If the system is under pressure it will piss on your face and arm if you crack open the bleed screw without a drain plastic tube on it. I have a special 11 mm tool for this.

Next time crack open the bleed screw, put on the plastic tube, then pump the bug sprayer.

Jeff
Old May 6th, 2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Eric in Dallas

Re: Even on a lift you need a rubber arm

Jeff: do tell about the special tool. I put my long tube on, but my ordinary 11mm line wrench had very little up and down room - I got the valve cracked and bled, it was tightening it that was hardest - getting the wrench on the nut with enough travel room to ummmph it enough to where I was satisfied it was tight. I ended up using an ordinary open end/box end 11mm but a special tool sounds interesting!

We should start a 986 clutch bleed valve club - you have to show your arm scars to get in!
Old May 7th, 2002, 05:47 PM   #4
Tool Pants

This is the easy way to bleed the clutch *NM*

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:04 PM   #5
Eric in Dallas

Oh *that* special tool ...

the de-enginizer tool. Very good.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman