Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Buy and Sell > Classifieds

Classifieds Buy, Sell, Trade - Private sales only

Old April 7th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Velofan

Thumbs up 986 Turn Signal/ Wiper/ Cruise Control stalk Switch

Hi Babbler Friends,

To the several who replied and are interested in this 3-stalk switch, please feel free to contact me directly: rohsu@stanford.edu. Thanks!

Posting:
If you are looking for a replacement Three-Stalk steering column switch for your 986, I have one on sale!

Porsche OEM FACTORY part # 99661321700
986 BOXSTER Turn Signal-Wiper-Cruise Control Three-Stalk steering column switch

Perfect working order
Perfect appearance

Fits All Boxster models 1997-2004

Had Alden at Flintworks switch this out from my 2000 Boxster (61K miles) for a 4-stalk used switch so that I can access the on-board computer.
Take advantage of my change of parts to get this part for a deal!

I paid $150 for the 4-stalk switch, and so am willing to sell this 3-stalk part for $70.

Porsche MSRP = $249.95
Selling for $70 OBO.

Local pick-up (Palo Alto) encouraged.

Last edited by Velofan; June 7th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
Velofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #2
james

How did the install go, how much time did it take, where did you get the 4 stalk and how much was the install?

Regards

James
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Velofan

OBC install great

Hi James,

Installing the 4-Stalk switch to the OBC worked fine! Alden at Flintworks has experience with this, and he could provide a quote ahead of time ($210). I took it to him because I didn't want to mess with disconnecting the battery and disassembling the steering column. He installed it as planned (an extra few $ for making a connector) and I was out the door. The OBC display works great!

Note that the OBC had been switched on because I had the outside temp already displayed.

I picked up the used 4-stalk from ebay and it works fine.

Hope that helps!
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #4
james

Thank you for the info. I have been wanting to do this for a while. I guess I will source a 4 stalk and take it to Alden. Hopefully I can talk him into doing it on a Saturday so I don't have to take a pto day

Regards

James
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Carman

Hi Velofan,

Do you still have your 3 stalk steering column switch? I might be interested.

Thanks, Carman
Carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Velofan

Smile 3-stalk switch

Hi Babbler Friends,

To the several who replied and are interested in this 3-stalk switch, please feel free to contact me directly: rohsu@stanford.edu. Thanks!

Posting:
If you are looking for a replacement Three-Stalk steering column switch for your 986, I have one on sale!

Porsche OEM FACTORY part # 99661321700
986 BOXSTER Turn Signal-Wiper-Cruise Control Three-Stalk steering column switch

Perfect working order
Perfect appearance

Fits All Boxster models 1997-2004

Had Alden at Flintworks switch this out from my 2000 Boxster (61K miles) for a 4-stalk used switch so that I can access the on-board computer.
Take advantage of my change of parts to get this part for a deal!

I paid $150 for the 4-stalk switch, and so am willing to sell this 3-stalk part for $70.

Porsche MSRP = $249.95
Selling for $70 OBO.

Local pick-up (Palo Alto) encouraged.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Velofan

3-stalk switch

Hi Carman,

For the 3-stalk switch please feel free to contact me directly: rohsu@stanford.edu
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:45 AM   #8
jekany

Hmm... i need to think about that

check here
jekany is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Buy and Sell > Classifieds