Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 4th, 2003, 07:56 AM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

Did the Japanese just eclipse BMW's 7-series design?

I think so (at least from the side and yes, I'm sure this is shorter than the BMW 7-series so it's more of a 5-series competitor but the styling says 7-series to me). This is the upcoming Acura TL (2004).

------------------------

At the New York Auto Show, Acura showed off its Acura TL Concept Car, saying that the concept gave an idea of what the 2004 Acura TL sedan would look like. Then in June we showed you spy shots of the 2004 TL, testing in the hot desert sun.

Now the production model TL has been spied virtually uncovered in Seattle, of all places, by an intrepid TCC fan. The photos reveal all the cues the concept car hinted at, from jazzy headlamps to a fine character line running the length of the car.

The new TL is expected to go on sale late in the year, powered by an upgraded V-6 sporting 260 hp or more.

source: Car Connection

Old August 4th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

BMW's and MB's dropping quality makes this more attractive too

Another view...

Old August 4th, 2003, 07:59 AM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

The interior is attractive too

and certainly high-quality...

Old August 4th, 2003, 05:00 PM   #4
bctan

Been on sale here since the start of the year......

In the UK, it's marketed as an Accord. They have some pretty nice options on it too like anthracite wheels.

Here's a nice Honda link:

http://multimedia.honda-eu.com/multimedia/video/clips/cars/thecog.zip

TBC
Old August 4th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #5
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Ah, but it is still an Acura....not my cup of tea. *NM*

Old August 4th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #6
x99shark

I guess Honda (aka acura) has been up to that for a while

About 10 years ago I remember car shopping all up and down the market. I looked at Hondas and BMWs a few days apart and it was how closely the Honda lineup tracked the BMWs.

Not that they were equal in quality or in other ways but the resemblances were unmistakable. You could tell exactly which BMW each Honda model was pretending to be.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman