Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 9th, 2001, 03:03 PM   #1
Catalog Guy

Group car wash/detail interest poll

Hi,

You have all probably read in my previous posts how happy I have been with Walnut Creek Car Wash. They take great care of black cars which is my acid test for paint care. I have been there many times and I have had no problems and always had great results. There are 3 services that interest me.
Hand wash (Diamond version) about $20
Hand wax (above plus hand wax while you watch) $45
Detail $185

I normally get the Diamond wash and sometimes the hand wax. I have never had the detailing, but had planned to try it after TBHL. These people know Boxsters. They do a lot of nice cars including Porsches and Mercedes.

I spoke with the manager, George, about putting together some kind of event for the Babblers. We came up with meeting at the car wash on a weekend, having George do some Q&A on techniques and products, etc. Then we can get our cars done with any of the services. He said for the Babblers he would discount the hand wax to $40 for 10 cars and detail for $165. He can only detail 2-3 Boxsters in 1 day at 3.5 - 4 hours each. So if anyone wants to wait, then detailing could be done, otherwise you'll have to make arrangements to leave your car or reschedule.

Any interest in this? I know there is a group of us who are interested in using a high quality provider of car wash and detailing services and I thought this might be a fun and interesting way to try out a company who had already impressed me with their abilities and their Boxster-friendliness. Please post your responses and let me know!

Thanks

Andrew

Old May 9th, 2001, 03:13 PM   #2
x99shark

Count me in. Will need another detial after SJC-LAX-LAS-SJC drive *NM*

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:13 PM   #3
june moore

I would be interested in it *NM*

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:21 PM   #4
Guy in Belmont

I'm in *NM*

Old May 12th, 2001, 11:18 AM   #5
JayM

Count me in-I need to wait until after the Silver State nest weekend (20th) *NM*

Old May 13th, 2001, 12:04 AM   #6
Armando Nieto

Re: Count me in-I need to wait until after the Silver State nest weekend (2

I would be interested as long as it's after 5/23.

Armando
Old May 13th, 2001, 05:09 AM   #7
Jules form Ontario, Canada

Re: Group car wash/detail interest poll

Looks like they replaced the steering wheel upside down - you call that good "detailing"

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman