Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 29th, 2004, 06:40 AM   #1
nallen

Dead Battery

Have any of you experienced any issues with a Boxster sitting for awhile with a dead battery?
nallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:22 AM   #2
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

it won't start.

what kind of issues are you wondering about?
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #3
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

I just replaced mine. The car suddenly went from slightly weak sounding starting to a just a clicking starter solenoid. Charging the battery did not help.

I took the advice of Ed in Belmont and bought the Group 47 battery at Costco for less than $50. It appears to be identical a Sears DieHard.
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #4
Kevin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)
I just replaced mine. The car suddenly went from slightly weak sounding starting to a just a clicking starter solenoid. Charging the battery did not help.

I took the advice of Ed in Belmont and bought the Group 47 battery at Costco for less than $50. It appears to be identical a Sears DieHard.
I believe that Costco, Sears, Autozone, and some others are all made by Johnson Controls. Unfortunately my battery died too and my Costco does not stock group size 48 and they were sold out of group 47. I had to get an Autozone battery which costs about $20 more.

Make sure you get a vent tube with your battery. I also bought a Porsche battery maintainer.
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman