Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 31st, 2007, 10:13 AM   #1
george g

Bridgestone Potenza

The Tire Survey Results at Tire Rack has the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position as the top rated tire yet I barely find any mention of this tire in the threads. Has anyone had any experience with this tire?

Thanks George
george g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Good question as I'll likely be looking to replace my existing S03s pretty soon.

Part of the decision making process, ignoring cost, comes down to what you want in the way of performance (summer only or wet-dry performance) and also whether or not you belong to the "must have a Porsche N-rating camp."
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM   #3
wbonsell

Potenza RE050 Pole Position review...

Have them on my 2000 in 225 and 255 17's. Have driven SO3's, GSD3 Goodyears, Yoks, etc. Absolutely love the 050A PP's. Bought them last fall. Have done 7 autox since with 5 firsts and 2 2nds. Great wet or dry. Just getting broken in. Became very sticky in 75 deg temps Memorial Day weekend. Even beat a few cars running Rcompound. Great value at about $800 out the door mounted and balanced through Firestone. Good road manners. Decently quiet with no tramlining which the SO3's were a bit noted for. Potenza 01R's also very good but more expensive. I demand very high performance from my tires because I run autox and occasional DE. Don't have to spend a ton to get a GREAT tire. FYI, definitely not a member of the "N rated" club!

2000 Boxster - Guards Red/Savannah Beige

"do the right thing...yield to faster traffic"
www.lanecourtesy.org
wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:57 AM   #4
Spiral

I'm another one who is currently running S03's and I've been very happy with them. Looks like I'll be sticking with Bridgestone when I replace them.
Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman