Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Weekend Drive

Battery dead, keys lost, battery & key replaced but alarm will not shut down

Wife locked and set alarm on 2003 Boxster S. Car sat in garage for too long and battery died. Keys were also lost during the "offseason".

New key was purchased through Porsche dealer which unlocked the door, manually, but would not shut off alarm. I followed instructions in manual but no luck.

Car is currently with local Porsche mechanic who has replaced battery, but alarm will not reset.

Is there a code I need from the dealer?? Please help!

-Paul
Weekend Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Drive View Post
Wife locked and set alarm on 2003 Boxster S. Car sat in garage for too long and battery died. Keys were also lost during the "offseason".

New key was purchased through Porsche dealer which unlocked the door, manually, but would not shut off alarm. I followed instructions in manual but no luck.

Car is currently with local Porsche mechanic who has replaced battery, but alarm will not reset.

Is there a code I need from the dealer?? Please help!

-Paul

Sounds like you have not "introduced" your new keys to the alarm system, requires use of PST II/PIWIS system at the dealer.....simple reprograming
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman