Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 11th, 2002, 10:20 PM   #1
RobynC

Well...I guess I don't get a shirt this time...

that would be the "RMS Club #2" Shirt.

I am getting a new engine. (Yes, new, not refurbished, am I lucky or what!?!?!) Eric called to tell me that my car was 10/1000th off (the max is 3/1000th). I'm totally excited!! Woohoo!!!

She's at Stead and we are looking at the end of next week until I get her back.

So far my experience with Stead has been exceptional, once this is all done, I will post a recommendation.

Robyn

PS Tom - I hardly have time anymore to post on the board. Only in my evenings now.
Old October 11th, 2002, 10:23 PM   #2
Clayton in Walnut Creek

No time to post? What did you get a job?

Stead is great. Eric is a quality guy.
Old October 11th, 2002, 10:37 PM   #3
RobynC

Re: No time to post? What did you get a job?

Yeah, I got a job!! My days of leisure are over!

Stead has been top notch!!
Old October 11th, 2002, 10:48 PM   #4
Ken R

I agree...

Eric is a great guy. I'm not a real fan of the Stead family of car dealerships but Eric has treated me very fairly and the service has been excelent.
Old October 12th, 2002, 09:17 AM   #5
Jim

Re: I agree...

I concur, Eric took most of my blemish out on my hood, hardly see it. He also left the note in the computer stating that "customer is entitled to a repaint when convenient"
Old October 13th, 2002, 08:23 PM   #6
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Stead Porsche has been great

Eric has been top notch and the service manager before him was equally customer focused.

Nice to hear you are back among the working robin!
Old October 14th, 2002, 09:58 AM   #7
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Talked to Eric, hopes 2 have u out by Fri.

I was talking to him about my CE light...
Old October 14th, 2002, 12:01 PM   #8
RobynC

Thanks Clayton, I was just about to call him. *NM*

Old October 14th, 2002, 12:23 PM   #9
RobynC

Just called to speak with Eric...

I am having them replace my clutch even though there is a ton left to it. But he also told me that they are replacing the dual mass flywheel as they noticed some loss in dampening material (I think that is what he said)...which makes for hard shifting up and down. New engine, new clutch, new flywheel....

Oh, I asked about having them put in a 3.4...he said it was no go, they won't let me pay for the difference. Shoot!

But it looks like I am going to be Boxsterless for at least another week.
Robyn

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman