Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 7th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #1
Dan (san Jose)

GGR rules changes for 2004 affecting Boxsters

Next season Boxsters will be allowed to run lowering springs of specific brands in Improved class for TT and AX.

Also Boxters in Production will be allowed to use any spring along with the use of adjustable spring perches or coilovers.

For Timetrials, DEs and HSDS Boxsters and 996 cabs will be allowed to run in Improved class with factory roll over protection provided that the soft top is in the up(closed) position or the hardtop is installed. This will allow Boxster owners to get a taste of GGRs track events without having to install a BK extension, as long as their car is considered Improved with regard to modifications.

Final wording of the rules changes will be posted on the GGR website within the next month or so but these are the raw basics that apply to Boxsters.

Now lets see a lot of Babblers out at GGR event next season. No more excuses about draconian safety or spring regulations.

Dan Thompson GGR Competition Director.
Old November 7th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #2
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Cool! I'm back...

I would have been at the last time trial, but I had become illegal with my PSS9 coilovers. This is great!
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #3
Dan (san Jose)

Re: Cool! I'm back...

This is exactly why we have decided to allow some changes. It was apparent that we were inadvertantly excluding many Boxster jockies with our old rules structure. We are hoping this will open up our events to many new folks and some more seasoned folks like yourself that have made what they deem to be some great modifications to a great car.
Old November 8th, 2003, 08:34 AM   #4
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

yipee

good news. thanks for the work and the update dan.

springs -> improved -> no rollbar sounds great.

what is the conclusion on tires in improved...anything that fits on specified wheels, or specific tire sizes only?

thanks
Old November 8th, 2003, 08:49 AM   #5
Dan (san Jose)

Re: yipee

Still specific sizes but the chart for factory available tire and wheel sizes has been updated to allow all factory options. No 245s on the front but at least you can use any 16 17 or 18 wheel now, as long as it is the same size as a factory available wheel.
Old November 8th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #6

hmmmm....

well, i've lots lots of money still tied up in 245's...so will i be in tp, or __? i don't care about class standings or season points, i just need to know the safety equip required. thanks again
Old November 8th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #7
Ed in Belmont

Re: hmmmm....

Nope you will be in Lm and unless some of the other rules have been changed you will need a REAL rollbar.
Old November 8th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #8

bumma...

see you at a pca event after i get thru 2 relatively new sets of front tires.
Old November 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM   #9
Trygve Isaacson

Re: bumma...

Doug, I assume you are using 225's. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old November 9th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #10
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Just get some twin exhaust tips, and paint on a center radiator hole...

Then you can run your car in Ni with the 245's, and no roll cage.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman