Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #21
doug_d (7.7/77777)

hey all, here's where my GPS ended up. "hardwiring" the power was easier than expected. i added a cig lighter adapter to the switched phone plug (same wire as my V1) and plugged the GPS cig lighter power plug into that, then stuffed the whole thing into the space in front of the shifter.

if i really like the unit in this location, i'll probably change the mount to a more permanent/destructive location on the carpet in front of the shifter.

podcasts and music loaded and ready to go....

doug_d (7.7/77777) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #22
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_d (7.7/77777)
hey all, here's where my GPS ended up. "hardwiring" the power was easier than expected. i added a cig lighter adapter to the switched phone plug (same wire as my V1) and plugged the GPS cig lighter power plug into that, then stuffed the whole thing into the space in front of the shifter.

if i really like the unit in this location, i'll probably change the mount to a more permanent/destructive location on the carpet in front of the shifter.

podcasts and music loaded and ready to go....

What do you mean more permanent/destructive location?
and who are the those 3 guys on the GPS?
no seriously, glad you got it all hooked up ready to go.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #23
doug_d (7.7/77777)

more permanent/destructive = instead of using sticky tape and suction cup to mount the bracket to the underside of the dash, i plan to break out the drill and/or screwdriver to mount the bracket to the carpeted trim in front of the shifter.

if i remove the bracket from the current location, nobody would see the suction disc attached to the dash. if i do the more permanent mounting, there will be always be some part of the bracket visible.
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #24
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Looks nice! I'm toying with the GT3 Delete kit myself!
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #25
doug_d (7.7/77777)

re: the GT3 delete....I LOVE IT. i had the two cubbies in that position and i felt they were useless. but, the reason for the change was that my right leg always rested against the center console. maybe some people like that, but i didn't. i'm not understating this when i say that i feel the entire cabin to be more roomy with the center console gone.

re: the 12v power to my GPS, hmmm, with it seems to have added a rev-matching static whine to my stereo during MP3 playback. suggestions anyone?
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM   #26
Peer

ChrisZang wrote:
> But thinking about Peer's frequent run-ins with the local
> law-enforcement, MAYBE not the right location for him ;-)

Thanks for jinxing me -- so now I just have to relocate my GPS.
Okay, as a project for a rainy Sunday, today I decided to permanently install my 4" TomTom in the shelf-compartment (whatever it's called) underneath the radio. It's amazing what you can do with a dremel tool.

-- peer
Attached Thumbnails
gps.jpg  

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman