Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 19th, 2007, 07:28 PM   #1
Coffeesmade

Hello

Hi everyone! I am new to Babblers, and for that matter a new Porsche owner. I'm the guy in the slow lane in the old ford truck. So I go to get a new truck and somehow I find myself in the Porsche dealership calling my wife saying "im filling out papers". I now own a onyx black 05 987 with 1700 miles on it. I'm obsessed with washing, cleaning, & detailing. My wife wants to drive it and I am generating 1,000 reasons why she can't get near it. I drive 15 miles out of my way to get bread so that I can accelerate onto the freeway - the speed, the sound! Is there therapy for this or is this the way it will be? I go out into my garage at night and remove the cover to stare at it - no her, definately a her, a seductress begging me to get points on my liscense. Sorry to show my underbelly but good god this is fun! Who knew?
Coffeesmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #2
dedes

Thumbs up Congratulations!

You own a Porsche one of the finest cars ever made - The Engineers of Passion.

click on underlined link below to view a video for you:
trueloveboxstervideo=1

Enjoy the ride. We are all obsessed!

Congratulations and welcome to the Babblers forum!

And you were going to buy a truck!

We are you located?

Last edited by dedes; April 20th, 2007 at 06:45 AM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM   #3
baxter

i promise you are not the only one who goes to the garage at night just to stare. and the best part, it doesn't go away..........but let her drive!!!!
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #4
newt

I'm in there with ya'

Welcome! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I bought my first Porsche last July and I was like "Honey, do we need bread?, becasue if we need bread I can go to the store, its no problem...how about milk, do we need milk?" Constant cleaning and the nighttime peeks into the garage just to admire it....I'm there with ya'.....but resist the wife driving.....
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #5
oldskuracer

I say let the wife drive it once on a nice smooth road... but she'll have to earn it some how. Be extra nice? Breakfast in bed? Warriors Tickets to the first playoffs in over 12 years?
oldskuracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #6
Paralizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeesmade
So I go to get a new truck and somehow I find myself in the Porsche dealership calling my wife saying "im filling out papers".
Like we haven't heard that one before
Quote:
I now own a onyx black 05 987 with 1700 miles on it.
Congratulations, but where are the pictures?
Quote:
I drive 15 miles out of my way to get bread so that I can accelerate onto the freeway - the speed, the sound! Is there therapy for this or is this the way it will be?
No. Your life as you knew it is over. And your budget, kiss it goodbye.
Quote:
Sorry to show my underbelly but good god this is fun!
Show us your underbelly, we barely know you. Welcome to the fold and Babblers. If your in the Bay Area join us at one of the many functions. There is a pizza night at Mountain Mikes in Redwood City tonight.

Last edited by Paralizer; April 20th, 2007 at 01:10 PM.
Paralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM   #7
Coffeesmade

I like the way you think! I hadn't thought of it like that - now what could be worth letting her get behind the wheel. Hmmmm that's gonna take some thinkin!
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:18 PM   #8
Coffeesmade

Thanks Dedes, Im in Davis, thanks for the link! - yeah a truck but I went to a Porsche rally when I was in my 20's - was probably infected then.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM   #9
Chris vail

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt
Welcome! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I bought my first Porsche last July and I was like "Honey, do we need bread?, becasue if we need bread I can go to the store, its no problem...how about milk, do we need milk?" Constant cleaning and the nighttime peeks into the garage just to admire it....I'm there with ya'.....but resist the wife driving.....
Yes i am constantly begging my dad to go for a drive. But unfortunatly he doesn't have rain tires... but welcome anyway!
Chris vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:33 AM   #10
dedes

Quote:
Thanks Dedes, Im in Davis, thanks for the link! - yeah a truck but I went to a Porsche rally when I was in my 20's - was probably infected then.
Now that we know you are located in Davis. (consider that local). Blinkwatt is in Sacramento and a few others are up your way.
Come join us for some of the activities posted on the calendar. More tours will be happening this summer. Stay tuned!

Just saw you pic of your car. Nice!
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.