Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:00 PM   #11
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeesmade
Hi everyone! I am new to Babblers, and for that matter a new Porsche owner. I'm the guy in the slow lane in the old ford truck. So I go to get a new truck and somehow I find myself in the Porsche dealership calling my wife saying "im filling out papers". I now own a onyx black 05 987 with 1700 miles on it. I'm obsessed with washing, cleaning, & detailing. My wife wants to drive it and I am generating 1,000 reasons why she can't get near it. I drive 15 miles out of my way to get bread so that I can accelerate onto the freeway - the speed, the sound! Is there therapy for this or is this the way it will be? I go out into my garage at night and remove the cover to stare at it - no her, definately a her, a seductress begging me to get points on my liscense. Sorry to show my underbelly but good god this is fun! Who knew?
Sounds exactly like I was last year. Where did you find an 05 with 1700 miles? Or is it 17,000?
Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:53 AM   #12
Coffeesmade

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Rat
Sounds exactly like I was last year. Where did you find an 05 with 1700 miles? Or is it 17,000?
Hi River Rat, yes - was owned by someone in Palo Alto who I have to believe had 1. too much money and 2. couldn't drive a stick. Had 1,044 miles on it when I bought it. Was in the local Porsche dealers inventory - they bought it outright and had only had it a few days. One of those being in the right place at the right time things!
Coffeesmade is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.