Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 23rd, 2001, 10:08 AM   #1
William Cone

Accessories and a warning light question

Can anyone recommend an East Bay location for purchasing a car cover and the requisite cleaning
ointments,salves, and soaps? My recently acquired '98 needs a bath, and some protection from sleeping cats. I have tried calling the parts dept. at Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek, and have yet have them pick up the phone, or return a message.

My other question is this: My airbag warning light is on. I have searched the archives on PBB and can find no mention of this as a regular problem. Anyone have this happen, or know what it implies?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

-Bill
Old February 23rd, 2001, 10:14 AM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Accessories and a warning light question

You might try The Auto Enthusiast in Danville by Sycamore Valley Rd. (925) 831-1429

Did you try searching the archives on the *new* board? This is/was a very frequent problem on earlier years.
Old February 23rd, 2001, 11:08 AM   #3
William Cone

Re: Accessories and a warning light question

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I took your advice and looked a bit further and found a long description of the problem and the fix. Sounds like a trip to a dealer is in order.
Old February 23rd, 2001, 02:53 PM   #4
Dick at Tahoe, NV

California Car Cover

Several of us have bought covers from this company. Really excellent quality. They're in So. Cal. 1-800-423-5525 or go to their site
http://www.calcarcover.com/
Old February 23rd, 2001, 05:18 PM   #5
Barbie Boxster

Covercraft makes the Porsche branded covers

When you see PNA that means P has a deal with a local vendor. For example, P bras are made by Colgan. P car covers are make by www.covercraft.com. I have the Evo 4 covers from covercraft, the full cover and the interior cover for when the top is down.

Covercraft sells direct to the public at their "outlet store" 1-800-382-3040 ex 300. You can shop all day like I did, but the prices cannot be beat, except ebay has some good deals.

Pic is from that Oquist guy in Swedem.

Jeff Lopez, San Jose

Old February 25th, 2001, 09:36 AM   #6
Calvin Cheng

Airbag warning light

I have that come on my '97 a couple of months or so ago. I had it fixed at Anderson-Behel at no cost (warranty repair even though warranty has long expired) after a 6-week wait for an appointment. Just call a dealer service department and schedule an appointment and tell them it's a problem to be fixed under warranty (the service rep knew right away).
They need to remove both the seats and replace the seat belt mechanism along with some cabling. So it'd take about half a day at least.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman