Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 4th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #1
felix

01 S Paint match?

Hi all

I have just become the owner of an 01 S in Arctic Silver - the nose cone has been resprayed (I think to cover stone chips) and its not the same shade of silver as the rest of the car. I would like to get this sorted to restore the car's original condition.

My question is: is this a difficult colour to match? What sort of paint matching technology should I be looking for a repair shop to be using? One shop suggested to me that Arctic silver is a pearl, not metalic colour. Is this correct?

Finally, does anyone have a bodyshop recommendation for the Essex/Kent area of the UK?

Thanks for your help.

Rgds

Felix.
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:36 PM   #2
Eric (Plug Guy)

It is a multi-stage paint....

See if there are any Porsche Clubs in your area, and find the top folks who do body work for them. Ask some dealers too, and then go visit the shops. They should be using Spies Hecker or Glasurit products.

Arctic is quirky. In our shop we have at least 6 different spray outs (samples) of Arctic using various formulations from the factory. Each is different. The bumper cover needs to be done off the car, but the eye of the painter is critical.

Not that hard to do, but takes skill.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman