Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 6th, 2003, 02:34 PM   #11
Mark ( Livermore, CA )

Re: Yes, please give me some mechanics who will do prebuy checks.

Most Porsche dealers and indepenant shops will do a prebuy check for you. Were are you ?

If you are having a prebuy check done ask the mechanic to hook up the Porsche computer to the car. He will be able to tell you how many times the rev limiter as been hit. This will give you an idea of how hard the car has been driven.
Old August 6th, 2003, 02:40 PM   #12
JASON

wow i didnt know porsche computer can check the rev limiter!!!

only dealer mechanics have the computer for the porsche right? or do other private german car shops also have it?
im in dublin/pleasanton area.
there are two cars im interested in. one is in here in dublin and another is in sf. not sure what i will get.
Old August 6th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #13
Mark ( Livermore, CA )

Re: wow i didnt know porsche computer can check the rev limiter!!!

No private german car shops have them too

Kahlers in Dublin is a good shop ( my in laws have used them for various Porsches they have owned over the past 20 years ). I have used them for an annual service too ( now I do the annual service myself ).

I have a 97 that I purchased 3 years ago.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman