Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #1
RNajarian

Plastic Rear Window Repair

I know this has happened to other people.

How have you guys dealt with this problem?

Does the soft top need to be removed for repair?

Lucky for me I have a hard top.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1239.jpg  
1975 911 Targa Guards Red
1983 911 SC Guards Red (RIP)
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

When mine split, I called several car upholstery shops and nobody could give me a quote over the phone. I went to a highly recommended (babblers) shop, Jeda Generations. They do remove the top and sew in a new plastic window. The cost was ~$550. You can opt to have the top replaced if the originals is showing signs of wear, or you could have one of the retrofitted tops with a glass window installed, but obviously more $$.

I know there have been several So. Cal shop requests over on PPBB.com, so you may want to check the archives over there for recommendations.

Good luck!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman