Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old December 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #21
Tom M
Site Founder

Here's a picture from 11 years ago during one of the very 1st Babblers runs up Mt. Hamilton - Nov 18th, 2000.

The motley crew. L-R; Scott Fisher, Jay Perez, Jeff Lopez (standing, aka "Tool Pants"), Jamie Howell and friend, Dan Feinberg, Caroline Sun, Tom Deckowski, Scott Dygert, Tom Morris, Lauren Nowlin, George Buzsaki, Andrew Fluss.

What's amazing is several of the participants still own the same Boxster.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:05 PM   #22
george g

Cb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
George bring your CB. Haven't used it since Escape.
Will do Efren.......
george g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #23
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
Here's a picture from 11 years ago during one of the very 1st Babblers runs up Mt. Hamilton - Nov 18th, 2000.

The motley crew. L-R; Scott Fisher, Jay Perez, Jeff Lopez (standing, aka "Tool Pants"), Jamie Howell and friend, Dan Feinberg, Caroline Sun, Tom Deckowski, Scott Dygert, Tom Morris, Lauren Nowlin, George Buzsaki, Andrew Fluss.

What's amazing is several of the participants still own the same Boxster.
Great memories.
Thank You Tom for everything you do for Babblers...and for sharing this, wish you could join us on this one.
All the best to you and your family. "Happy New Years 2012"

♥•.★°•.*☆.•°HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012•.¸¸★°•.*☆♥

♥´¯`•.¸¸★°•.☆.•°´¯`•.★°•.*☆.•°`•.¸¸★°•.*☆.•♥
☆☀☆Warmest thoughts and best wishes☆☀☆
☆☀☆For a Happy New Year to all☆☀☆
☆☀☆May health, peace, love and prosperity☆☀☆
☆☀☆Follow you always☆☀☆
♥´¯`•.¸¸★°•.☆.•°´¯`•.★°•.*☆.•°`•.¸¸★°•.*☆.•♥
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:01 PM   #24
vitaminC

At this point it looks like I will not make it. I've been sick all week and was hoping to be over it by now, however that's not the case. So if I'm not at the Foster City Sbucks tomorrow, please don't wait for me.
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:43 PM   #25
wilson1

so one of the cars ran off the cliff, and another car broke 2 rims today......
wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM   #26
Docdanracy

It always amazes me the number of incidents that happen during these large group drives...

Talent runs out just before the asphalt does!

More incidents than we have at the track at much higher speeds.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM   #27
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1 View Post
so one of the cars ran off the cliff, and another car broke 2 rims today......
I remember a couple of Doc Wong drives many years ago where vehicles left the roadway. One drive in particular had a turbo VW Beetle that was saved from going a fair bit down a steep hill by a tree. I believe in that case it was due to gravel on the road coupled with an off-camber turn.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #28
dedes

Happy New Year everyone!

My new camera was set on "raw" by mistake, so pics were a bit too large to post here, so I made a picture video on youtube instead. (be sure to expand the video to 480p or full screen) Sorry, it's not a real movie. I'm not a professional movie maker, so don't expect too much....still learning, give me time ;-)

Happy New Year to all, safe driving in 2012!!

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA PORSCHE NEW YEARS DRIVE 1-1-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWRqRbthPw?hd=1

As far as the incidents that happened:

Tony my friend, his tires/rims got damaged because he drove off the side of the "road edge" and he knows he caused it. Not good.

Tony's Quote: when it happen I thought my font bumper came off, after a close look just the rim is bent, not body damage. Thanks for the AAA guys taking their time to remove my front lower lip so it wouldn't damage more on my front bumper. I don't blame anybody, it's all me being stupid. I am glad that everybody had a good time.

And my friend Matt who's car went off the road!!! LUCKY GUY!!!

...well after the tow truck pulled the car up from the road Matt drove the car home (lives just down the hill, close by), a bit shaken up. He drives this road many times. He's a lucky guy too. You never know, anything can happen in a split second.

Matts Quote:

oops!
Thanks for the concern and everyone's help.
Stuff happens and no point crying over split milk as they say.
Apart from some scratches that will more than likely buff out, I have a bent valence, one crushed oil line and dented rear bumper which occurred whilst being towed out!

It happened so fast, that I lost it by over correcting, no one to blame but myself for having too much speed in the corner. I almost didn't go over and was probably at 5mph when I slid over. Note to one's self, be more bloody careful!

Mostly I'd like to really thank my good mate Greg for hanging back with me and helping out so much and then following me home.

It's great to see that 98% of the run was really good and a fantastic gathering of friends - looking forward to the next one :-)

And my friend Brian had his car towed the last 35 miles on the way home due to some mechanical issues.

Brian's Quote:
Great run . yes the last 35 miles was a tow - had a loud squeak about 3 miles before the observatory . jacked up the front and had a wheel bearing that had bout 1/4 play ( was ok at a DE inspection just last month) . decided to get my butt outta them hills. made it to 680 (trying to keep load off the left front) . kept her at 55 on the freeway and felt the brg let go . toed home . All dissasembled already, and bearings and seals ordered. Cant imagine why a bearing would go out ... LoL (wow them twisties and with a lil bit of a spirited driving ... wink wink)

Last edited by dedes; January 2nd, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:02 PM   #29
dedes

Wanted to share the latest from Matt Kellett's Porsche, well you know what happened! ... and he drove it home.

From Matt:
Greg and I at the top, we decided to hang back from the main group to allow everyone else to squeeze in there - sacrifice in the name of the Porsche brethren

We even took in the tour!

1997 Porsche Boxster "Pastel Yellow"
1995 Porsche 911 993 "Iris Blue Metallic"
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups