Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:36 AM   #1
Slapmaxwell
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 23
02 Speedster Humps

I have order Speedster Humps as a Dealer installed option (not a factory build option). Does any know if the Dealer needs to install the mount adapter kit on the iconvertible top frame rail on the 2002 Boxster?
Slapmaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:59 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder
 
Tom M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaxwell
I have order Speedster Humps as a Dealer installed option (not a factory build option). Does any know if the Dealer needs to install the mount adapter kit on the iconvertible top frame rail on the 2002 Boxster?
If you don't already have spinlocks installed then either the dealer or you will need to install them for the humps to work. It's an easy thing to do so you can save some $$$ by doing it yourself or with a little help.
__________________
Tom M (Westfield, IN)
'04 996 C4S MBM/GG (gone)
'00 986 S MBK/NBL/BLK (gone)
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:36 AM   #3
Slapmaxwell
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 23
Thanks Tom, I do not know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M
If you don't already have spinlocks installed then either the dealer or you will need to install them for the humps to work. It's an easy thing to do so you can save some $$$ by doing it yourself or with a little help.
I do not think the spinlock are there, but could not see. So I sould follow up this question. Does the factory install the new spinlocks adaptor on all models wo this bulid option? I had read posting on the early model about the spinlocks but nothing on the newer models.
Slapmaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM   #4
Tom M
Site Founder
 
Tom M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaxwell
I do not think the spinlock are there, but could not see. So I sould follow up this question. Does the factory install the new spinlocks adaptor on all models wo this bulid option? I had read posting on the early model about the spinlocks but nothing on the newer models.
I believe that the factory only installs the spinlocks if the car is ordered with the hardtop or the humps.
__________________
Tom M (Westfield, IN)
'04 996 C4S MBM/GG (gone)
'00 986 S MBK/NBL/BLK (gone)
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:41 PM   #5
yoseif
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaxwell
I do not think the spinlock are there, but could not see. So I sould follow up this question. Does the factory install the new spinlocks adaptor on all models wo this bulid option? I had read posting on the early model about the spinlocks but nothing on the newer models.
Here's the TSB on how to install the spinlocks.

Yoseif

Spinlock TSB
yoseif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #6
rbb1955
Junior Member
 
rbb1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22
Do you know how the speedster strap attaches to the part 986-563-713-02?
rbb1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:28 AM   #7
rbb1955
Junior Member
 
rbb1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseif
Here's the TSB on how to install the spinlocks.

Yoseif

Spinlock TSB
Yoseif,

Thank's for the attachment. I have fabricated the part that I needed and purchased the two bolts 999 219 041 00. I am writing a paper on this for a later posting. I have tried every angle to insert the bolt, but the mechanisum of the soft top seems to prevent this. Do you have any recommendations, or guidelines on how to install the bolts?
__________________
Roy Burchfield
2004 Speed YELL-O Texas Boxster "S"
rbb1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #8
Tom M
Site Founder
 
Tom M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 2,635
There are a few more tips in this thread. While all the pictures are gone due to the demise of Photopoint I think there are enough clues to get things done. The biggest hint is to make sure you raise the top when trying to put the bolts in.
__________________
Tom M (Westfield, IN)
'04 996 C4S MBM/GG (gone)
'00 986 S MBK/NBL/BLK (gone)
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #9
rbb1955
Junior Member
 
rbb1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M
There are a few more tips in this thread. While all the pictures are gone due to the demise of Photopoint I think there are enough clues to get things done. The biggest hint is to make sure you raise the top when trying to put the bolts in.
I wish the photo's were still there, I am a very visual person. With the top up, the plastic closure for the top prevents any access to installing or tourquing down the bolt. Do you remove this cover, if so how?
__________________
Roy Burchfield
2004 Speed YELL-O Texas Boxster "S"
rbb1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #10
Tom M
Site Founder
 
Tom M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 2,635
Don't know for sure. There are a couple of pictures here though they don't seem to be of much help. One of the experts is over on renntech.org so you could also try over there.

On the surface it's a simple task but takes about an hour or so. To me this says there's a bit of tinkering that gets done so everything will fit right. Plus any upgrade that recommends the use of a hammer means it may be more difficult than it would seem on the surface
__________________
Tom M (Westfield, IN)
'04 996 C4S MBM/GG (gone)
'00 986 S MBK/NBL/BLK (gone)
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman



Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speedster Humps for 987 speed Boxster / Cayman 1 March 16th, 2005 12:55 PM
speedster humps? paint first or install first? davek Boxster / Cayman 4 June 9th, 2002 11:11 PM
Yoseif or others, any pics of devaiting humps? sojourn Boxster / Cayman 1 December 28th, 2001 02:13 PM
Danny's new humps Tool Pants Boxster / Cayman 2 August 8th, 2001 12:33 PM
New speedster hump? Frank in CT Boxster / Cayman 2 July 19th, 2001 12:32 AM

Google+


Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.