Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old February 28th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #1
Alex Gonzalez

Fun Drives

I was just lurking in the PPBB and I noticed someone from Livermore complaining that there was nowhere to go, or nothing worth seeing or something like that. I remarked that here in Livermore, we have some of the best driving around; such as the stretch that starts in Tesla and becomes Corral Hollow in Tracy. This road goes right by the Carnegie State recreational Vehicle park and it is an awesome drive. or how about the drive to the lake. That is a beautiful drive as well. thene there is that back road that takes you all the way to San Jose. How come the Babblers never do a fun drive for a pic nic at the lake or something like that? Just curious.
Alex Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

We normally do the Mines Rd. drive several times a year with a stop on Mt. Hamilton. We also tend to do at least one lunch in Livermore at a winery. Now that Spring is just around the corner keep your eyes open for more events to get planned.

Finally, if you have and idea for an event feel free to begin arranging it as the group is an equal opportunity entity. That is, anybody can raise their hand and plan an event. Be it a drive, lunch, whatever. So if you have a favorite road, lunch spot, event that you'd like to see don't wait for someone else to put it together. Begin planning it now .
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:43 PM   #3
Viktor

Fun drive and lunch

I have access to a beach house at Stinson Beach. If there is interest, we can have lunch or dinner there. Springtime is one of the best times at the beach. I will check on availability
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:18 AM   #4
cantdrv55

There's this great road in Napa that goes along the west side of Lake Berryessa. Great views along the way. Afterwards lunch st Downtown Joe's in Napa. It's just a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, it may be too for most of you. I'm game for a Mines Rd drive though.
cantdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:41 AM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

Perhaps not surprisingly, we've done a Napa drive in the past w/o any complaints. On that one we stopped off for lunch in Rutherford at the Rutherford Grill and had a great time. Other possible destinations in the north counties include Bodega Bay and the surrounding area and possible overnight trips further up the Redwood Coast.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups