Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:11 AM   #11
Gerry

Blink, sounds good or if oyu want we could meet you halfway before we go up to the place so we could convoy all together. Not sure if that will work coz' I've never been there....
How far are you from Walnut Creek? If Walnut Creek has become the staging area, would you be able to meet us there?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg

Last edited by Gerry; February 22nd, 2007 at 08:42 AM.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:34 AM   #12
Paralizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
since most of you guy;s are from San Mateo and Im from San Jose, Can I tandem too on the way there or be San mateo a meeting spot before heading towards Mt. Diablo?
Gerry, for you I think it depends on the part of San Jose your in. If you are in North San Jose, not that we wouldn't like to have you as part of the caravan, but you'd be better off just heading straight up 680 to Walnut Creek.

Dedes, I think you've definitely come up with an idea that is rather popular. Did you have a spot in Walnut Creek selected as a staging area for those that are not coming as part of the "peninsula" caravan. Also is March 10th the confirmed date?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:40 AM   #13
Gerry

That makes sense but staging area in Walnut Creek before heading up there sounds really good. I really want to see a caravan of mostly Boxster and take pictures, you know what I mean

I don't mind driving an extra mile to be part of the caravan if there's no spot in walnut Creek to meet up, I drive 101 from San Jose to S. San Francisco everyday

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:07 AM   #14
Tom M
Site Founder

Staging multiple meeting points works well as more people are likely to attend as the event draws closer. The Babblers did this as a "See the World" drive some time ago and had the final staging area in San Ramon at a shopping center. This allowed people to purchase sandwiches and stuff for the picnic lunch if they chose not to make something ahead of time. On that drive we used the South entrance to the park and exited on the North entrance.
Attached Thumbnails
diablo.jpg  
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:15 AM   #15
Gerry

that's what Im talking about! awesome picture and view
Tom, are you going with us?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM   #16
Tom M
Site Founder

I'll gladly join in another drive up so long as my schedule will permit.

Tidbit: One can see more of the Earth's surface from Mt. Diablo than any other spot on the planet except for one. Can you name it?
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:09 AM   #17
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

What do I win, Tom

"For most of us in the west, the African mountain Kilimanjaro is known for two things: its summit is the point on the planet at which one can see more surface area of Earth than from any other location (the North American champ for that is Mount Diablo, which I can see from my back window); and, although it sits close to the equator, its summit is perpetually shrouded in snow, a fact immortalized by Ernest Hemingway's 1938 short story, The Snows of Kilimanjaro."

http://peakenergy.blogspot.com/2006/...-zanzibar.html
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM   #18
Gerry

Weather concerns: I personally will only go if the weather is fairly warm and not raining. I guess I like the car top down on that drive. Does everyone agree? Or you could go any ways, it would be up to you. Or drive could be postponed till another day all together if the weather is really bad.

Agree with you dee' If weather allowed to be top down - 100% im there if it's cold - wifey won't like it

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:23 AM   #19
Paralizer

If I may offer a suggestion. I normally ascribe to the theory "friends don't let friends drink Starbucks." That said, Starbucks is an easy place to find within Bridgepointe. It would make a convienent staging point for the peninsula caravan.
Also Dedes, do you want to have a Walnut Creek staging area? Might be handy for those from the East Bay that are interested in joining the fun and as a place to pick up picnic supplies.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:25 AM   #20
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

How about Bridgepointe Shopping Center (Formerly Fashion Island), across from the skating rink as suggested earlier. My U2 Spy plane will help us out here.

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups