Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old June 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #21
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
that's sounds good to me...
akif..u wanna meet there?

oh yah, BTW..i'm working with a car related company on getting a some sort of certificate that they would like to give away..hopefully it goes thru if not...well, you going to hear who's the company and it's their loss
If it goes thru great! Thanks Gerry for trying though.
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #22
akif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes
Suggestion:
One place would be the same 1st meeting place at Bridgepoint in San Mateo that was for the Mt. Diablo tour. Remember? Right off the 101 and 92
Sure - if we want to meet a little earlier and get coffee... there's a Starsbuck off of 92 in Foster City (Foster City Blvd exit). For folks coming on 101, you'd get on 92 East and take 2nd exit (last exit b4 bridge).

Caveat is that we have to finish the coffee before driving - I tried taking coffee somewhere, and had the hardest time to keep it from spilling.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #23
Gerry

WOW...akif, are you into something? You want to meet a little earlier than 8:45 am I reading this right? We're talking about Pacific time, right?..hahahahahahahaha! just giving you a hard time

Hey having coffee before we go sounds good to me..I'll be there @ 8am so we have enough time to finish up the coffee and get our adrenaline fix before we drive anyone else who's meeting with us?

Coming from 101 San Jose, w/c exit should I take?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #24
akif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
WOW...akif, are you into something? You want to meet a little earlier than 8:45 am I reading this right? We're talking about Pacific time, right?..hahahahahahahaha! just giving you a hard time

Hey having coffee before we go sounds good to me..I'll be there @ 8am so we have enough time to finish up the coffee and get our adrenaline fix before we drive anyone else who's meeting with us?

Coming from 101 San Jose, w/c exit should I take?
It's early enough so I'll just stay up the whole night, and get some sleep during the drive

101 N -> 92 East -> Foster City Blvd Exit -> Follow the road RIGHT onto Metro Center Blvd -> Starbucks on your left

When you take the exit, there's an OSH right in front of you, that's where you follow the road to the right. Starbucks is on your left before the 1st signal. At the signal (Shell Blvd), there's a Costco on your right. Make a U-turn to Starbucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Starbucks,Foster City.JPG  

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #25
Gerry

right on..thanks for the detailed direction

so you gonna be there @ 8am and then we leave at 8:45am heading to Alice's?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old June 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #26
dedes

Try not to be late. I have to give out the drive packets and start the short drivers meeting at 9:10 am, so we can leave by 9:30 am.
F.Y.I., from Starbucks in Foster City, it should take 25 minutes to get up on Skyline to Alice's, BTW it is a nice drive. Look out for the cops!

Good news:
I scored again today at Rector Porsche!
Old June 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #27
Gerry

not to worry...the skills between me and akif..we'll be there in no time...we're like Batman and Robin or Lewis and Clark or Harry and Lloyd (dumb and dumber) mwahahahahahaha! j/k

actually that was my next question, w/c is..how far is the meeting place to Alice's...

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old June 20th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #28
Gerry

I think it's more of a Harry and Lloyd...hehehehehe! oooops, akif might not like it

so how many cars do we have so far?

I'm trying to get some gift certificate to AJ's Auto Detailing here in San Jose for our trip but I haven't heard from them..like what I said, hopefully it goes thru.

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old June 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #29
dedes

Thumbs up Thank You Gerry

Thank-you Gerry
Many "thank you's" goes to Gerry for all the AAA maps that he dropped off at my workplace today. Everything is coming together!

Last edited by dedes; June 22nd, 2007 at 07:30 PM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #30
Gerry

no...a bbig thanks to you for being...ahhhh, what's the word, compelled of getting the maps..hehehehehehe! I think it's going to be crowded coz' the other forums are doing the same thing..meeting at Alice's between 9 and 9:30am.

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups