Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 5th, 2001, 02:56 PM   #1
Gary L Friedhoff

Looking for a leather Rucsack; are they still available? *NM*

Old June 5th, 2001, 03:21 PM   #2
DDawg

Tool Pants can help you with info RE: Porsche products

Another source of bags is www.cb-racing.com
Old June 5th, 2001, 05:29 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

Hi Gary! Contact Chris Brown for these - I think he's the...

supplier of them. His e-mail address is:
[email protected]

It's good to see you here!
Old June 5th, 2001, 05:29 PM   #4
Tool Pants

The original Porsche Design (part 1)

rucksack has not been made for several years. The part number was WAP 035 019. I contacted the parts department at the P factory last year, and they confirmed it is no longer available. Only the flap was leather or leather like. The is old info still around that you can get it from Diane at the 356 Registry in England. This is incorrect.

Here is a pic of the original rucksack.

Jeff Lopez

Old June 5th, 2001, 05:41 PM   #5
Tool Pants

Re: The original Porsche Design (part 2)

The original was replaced by WAP 035 037 99. Here it is attached to the roll bar in my car. You can not get this in NA. It is a Porsche Design product. I have a friend in Germany who went down to their local P dealer and bought me one. Price 285 DM, but it was a gift to me.

The "rucksack" on the left is WAP 080 068 10. It is just a back pack. It has nothing to do with the Boxster. It does not attach to the roll bar. I know 2 people who have it and they never use it.

Jeff Lopez

Old June 5th, 2001, 05:45 PM   #6
Catalog Guy

I am going to use my back pack soon

I have a little wine and cheese kit in the front pouch and I will add some shoes and a sweatshirt to the main compartment and then toss it in the back trunk. Now a rear trunk organizer is what I could really use. Nothing too fancy, just some sturdy and space-efficient compartments. I will let you take a Boxsteresque picture of my little wine and cheese kit next time I see you.

Andrew

Old June 5th, 2001, 05:47 PM   #7
Tool Pants

Re: The original Porsche Design (part 3)

This is the Chris Brown product in nylon owned by Kevin on the left.

Glad you paid the Babblers a visit Gary.

Jeff Lopez, was jeff l on the other board.

Old June 6th, 2001, 11:27 AM   #8
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

If you're not looking for anything too fancy

for the rear trunk then the CaseLogic unit (I forget the model #) may work It's about $12 at WalMart. You can take a look at mine on Sunday if you'll be there.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman