Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 29th, 2001, 09:10 PM   #1
Hendry

Any comfortable seats for Boxster? ...

I bought my S with the Sport Design pkg that has the sports seats. I love them very much, the looks, the fit, everything ...

Problem is... my wife. Ever since I got the car, she's been complaining that the seats are very "uncomfortable"... Well, she doesn't know if they are regular seats or sports seats, all she cares is that the seats in my Box is killing her back... We have another daily drive (Volvo S40), and she drives that everyday, so she rarely sits in my Boxster... Yesterday, I picked her up at work in the Box, and when we got home, again, she told me how she hates the seats in the car, I think it's really hurting her back. I mean she loves the car, just not the ride in those seats... As much as I love driving the car alone... hehehe... I also want her to enjoy it too when she's with me... Otherwise, when we go out together, we always have to drive the Volvo. Don't get me wrong, I love the volvo too...

Are there any options that I can go for if I decide to take out the Sports seats? I noticed that some standard seats that have "full leather" looks very comfortable. What can I do?

Thanks!
Hendry
Old July 30th, 2001, 07:58 AM   #2
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Re: Any comfortable seats for Boxster? ...

The seats are really easy to remove. See if you can find someone who has the regular seats and wants to swap.

Just make sure your disconnect the battery while your doing it.

Yoseif
Old July 30th, 2001, 12:44 PM   #3
Clayton in Walnut Creek

did you add lumbar support for the passenger? are they automatic?

Personally I find the seats very comfortable, as I gather you do...Perhaps she hasn't adjusted them appropriately?
Old July 30th, 2001, 06:05 PM   #4
Hendry

no lumbar support... manually adjusted... *NM*

Old July 30th, 2001, 06:07 PM   #5
Hendry

Spoke to some of my friends...

and they all said I'd be dumb to a direct swap with no extra money with the standard seats. So perhaps the sports seats actually cost more than the standard ones, it that right?

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman