Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 17th, 2004, 06:19 AM   #1
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Question dead battery....how do I charge it?

The Boxster is sitting in the garage, didn't get a drive for about 3 weeks I guess. Tried to take it out yesterday, but it barely could turn on the radio, time was off, etc. It won't turn over.

Where is the battery? I gather it is behind me...so I need to get the top up rear deck up, and take off the engine cover? I have a standard full/trickle charger I can use.

Thanks!
'00 28,000 never had a dead battery before!
2000 S Mettalic Blue/Savannah Beigh
Clayton in Walnut Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Docdanracy

Exclamation Battery

The battery is in the front trunk. In the middle of the area just infront of the windshield there is a rectangular cover (about the size of a battery) with two plastic retainers. This is where your battery is located. Since the car sounds like it is not locked you should be able to access this area with no problems. Unless you have an electric hood latch instead of the mechanical latch.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #3
Charlie in Portland

Try a Porsche Battery Maintainer

I recommend the Battery Maintainer that you can purchase through the parts department at any Porsche Dealer. It plugs into the cigarette lighter. If the cars sits for long periods between use you will find it to be ideal. Look on line at e-parts.com also Suncoast Porsche for a picture and price (around $55 I think).
Charlie in Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #4
Charlie in Portland

Try a Porsche Battery Maintainer

I recommend the Battery Maintainer that you can purchase through the parts department at any Porsche Dealer. It plugs into the cigarette lighter. If the cars sits for long periods between use you will find it to be ideal. Look on line at e-parts.com also Suncoast Porsche for a picture and price (around $55 I think).
Charlie in Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #5
Clayton in Walnut Creek

re dead battery

Great - sounds simpler than I thought it would be. I think I will now invest in a trickle charger as well. Thanks folks!
2000 S Mettalic Blue/Savannah Beigh
Clayton in Walnut Creek is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman