Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 18th, 2002, 08:54 AM   #1
Eric in Dallas

TP-Email to you enqueued....

Did you get the ones describing the bulb lugs?
Eric in Dallas

ps: SBC DSL/email on my end is generally unreliable but this is the 3rd or 4th time I've had email "undelivered" to your address, FYI
Old October 18th, 2002, 11:34 AM   #2
Tool Pantsİ

No email *NM*

Old October 18th, 2002, 04:34 PM   #3
Eric in Dallas

Re: No email

At about 1700CDT I forwarded my original "sent" emails...
Anything yet?

Well heck, here's the text:

Jeff:
WHoops. The OEM 2003 amber bulb lugs are NOT 180 degrees but some oddball
amount like one oclock and 6 oclock when looking from the end. Philips number
12496IIICLLPY21W!@V
2F7FRANCE F24
I'll send more on the new bulb in a minute
Eric

Email number 2:

The Silver Vision bulb is like the OEM with lugs at 1 oclock and 6 oclock when
looked at from the end.
Philips 12496/SVPY21W12V
2F7FRANCE J14
Old October 18th, 2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Tool Pantsİ

Must be the bulb madness

Got 3 emails from you. Your direct reply to my test email, and the 2 old emails that were forwarded. If there were pictures, they did not come through.

I found this picture on the Philips bulbs. I did not know what the 2 things were to the right until I realized there was a question on the spacing of the 2 studs at the base of the bulb. I would call the drawings to the right 2 and 6 o'clock for the spacing of the studs. And you say the '03 tail lights with the oem amber bulbs have the same spacing as the Philips Silver Vision bulb. Makes sense - the Philips bulb is a direct replacement for the '03 amber bulb.

When I contacted Osram/Sylvania about their Diadem bulb (looks clear but flashes amber) they wanted to know the spacing of the studs of the base of the oem '03 amber bulb, as they said the Diadem bulb has the studs at 2 and 9 o'clock - which may be a mistake as I would think their bulb would also be at 2 and 6 o'clock.

I told them the oem bulb was at 12 and 6 o'clock or 180 degrees apart as that how it is on my clear bulb in my old '97 amber tail lights - and I assumed the stud spacing was the same for '03. Sure looks like the spacing of the studs changed for '03 - I guess that is so you cannot put these fancy bulbs in a bulb holder that does not have the pins spaced for an amber bulb.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman