Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #1
biloxiboxster

Thumbs up Floor jack adapter on the cheap

Why pay $50 a piece for billet aluminum floor jack adapters when you can make them for under $5. I bought a 1" dowel and used scrap plywood I already had. Because they are made of wood they offer great paint protection versus the store bought kind. Here are photos.
Attached Thumbnails
jack pad 1.jpg   jack pad 2.jpg   caliper 2.jpg  
biloxiboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #2
mcfly777

Indeed. Better than the original. Thanks !

mcfly
mcfly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Terry

Very nice. I may do this, but will probably use a delrin rod (incredibly strong plastic resin) instead of the dowel for some added strength.

I did something similar for my jack stands. As you can see in the picture of "Big Red", I tapped a hole for a screw in the top of the jack stand saddle and put a bolt through a piece of delrin rod. A very secure way to get the car up on all fours!
Attached Thumbnails
Jackstand_angle.jpg   on_jacks.jpg  
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:45 PM   #4
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

A nice twist on the Hockey Puck method...

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman