Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 18th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Clayton in Walnut Creek

WHO has 18" RIMS and ROW 030?

How is the ride?

Dan you have it don't you? I was scared off of getting "sports suspention" AND 18" RIMS - told it would be a "rough ride"....

I'm a freeway drive, occassional ride out to hiway one for some abalone diving and occassional drives up to Tahoe. Love the twisties, love high speeed. Want high performance but don't want a truck ride.

Should I stay w/ my 18" RIMS and standard suspension, or will I be happy w/ ROW 030 and 18" RIMS? HMMM Opinions please.
Old June 18th, 2002, 09:26 PM   #2
RobynC

I do!

I really thought that the ride would suffer, it hasn't. I am not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest.

If you'd like to know first hand, perhaps we can setup a time to go for a drive.

RobynC

Old June 18th, 2002, 09:29 PM   #3
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Well, I'm on day 48 of no job...how about you? *NM*

Old June 18th, 2002, 09:34 PM   #4
RobynC

Day 61 .... *NM*

Old June 18th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #5
Catalog Guy

Day 353

And the last 30 days were at minimum wage. It was great going to lunch with my coworkers and seeing the sign at In N Out offering to hire at $9.75!
Old June 19th, 2002, 07:01 AM   #6
Magic Mtn Dan

I do too... (long)

and it depends on why you'd want the 030 suspension. If your primary concern is the ride quality and you're not worried about handling (and you're very happy with the car's suspension without it), then why get it.

On the other hand, if you'd like to get the car to corner flatter and not dive as much on hard braking then the 030 suspension is for you.

Question: have you driven a car with 030 suspension? I drove a loaner Boxster to Vegas and back and I HATED the base (non-030) suspension. I noticed a significant difference (felt like two different cars) and I didn't enjoy the cornering as the speed increased.

I always felt that I was buying a Porsche Boxster S for the performance and if the factory offered a "sport suspension" then I wanted it. I'm VERY happy I have the 030 suspension and I highly recommend it if you have any concerns about how your car handles and acts on hard braking now. I think the key is, have you driven a Boxster with 030? If not, you owe it to yourself to try it.
Old June 19th, 2002, 07:14 PM   #7
Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)

Me Three!

I would have to say the ride is "firm", but not rough. If you drive your car daily and for long periods, it might get tiring...but you may also prefer it as well. The standard suspension was more supple, and isolated you from the road more. Its all a matter of preference. If you are over on the peninsula or at the next babbler meeting I would be happy to let you drive my car for comparison. Check the archives...I reported a long thread on my upgrade. I would do it all over again and I think it is the best mod for the bucks.....until the 3.6 goes in
Old June 19th, 2002, 07:23 PM   #8
Catalog Guy

Ya when's the 3.6 goin' in? *NM*

Old June 19th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #9
Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)

If I hit the Lotto.....next week

If I dont get engaged, next year! If I DO get married...probably never or so I'm told! Decisions, decisions
Old June 19th, 2002, 11:14 PM   #10
Loren

Day 201 for me *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.