Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 2nd, 2002, 07:31 PM   #1
Ken R

Who is going to Tracquest this weekend?

Ok final roll count, who is going? This is my first performance driving event since my cruising days on Van Nuys Blvd.
Old July 2nd, 2002, 07:41 PM   #2
Boxster Ben

Get ready to rip...I'm in!!! *NM*

Old July 2nd, 2002, 07:42 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Who is going to Tracquest this weekend?

Sorry to say that I won't be there. But you are sure to have a blast. While Todd supplies plenty of refreshments it's still a good idea to take some of your own bottled water as on hot days it tends to run out.

If you haven't done so already you can check the Babblers Extras page for a list of recommendations to take to the track.
Old July 2nd, 2002, 07:59 PM   #4
Boxster Ben

Good advice...it's gonna be hot!!!

I was just at Thunderhill last week for the NCRC event (Chatterbox and I dueled back and forth with our S's...and he was quick!!!) and it was very warm...I'm trying to find an "EZ-up" that will fit into the front of my car angled up. This could provide a bit of shade to put a couple of chairs under...I've usually got lots of water in the cooler...but I still got pretty sunburned last week...my light skin and buzz cut is a drawback!! Should be a great time...maybe now I can finally conquer my difficulties with turn six...and last week on 15 (just before the straight) I put all four wheels off and headed out into the T-hill outback...got black flagged!!!ah well, live and learn. Can't wait to meet some new Babblers (and to get another high speed lesson in Kevin C's car)!!! See ya all there...Ben from Pleasanton GR 01 S!!!
Old July 2nd, 2002, 09:08 PM   #5
Ken R

I have a small ez-up 8x8 should I bring it?

comes n handy for field trails and hunt tests
Old July 2nd, 2002, 09:08 PM   #6
Trygve Isaacson

High 90's forecast!

I see 97-98 degrees forecast for Willows at weather.com. Make sure your coolant reservoir level is at max! If your brake pads are less than twice the thickness of the backing plate, seriously consider bringing a spare set.

I can probably meet the caravan up Saturday. (Late afternoon, I presume?) I'm in San Lorenzo.

It's gonna be fun! Any late registrants, there may well be openings left if you email TracQuest asap.

TracQuest
Old July 2nd, 2002, 09:18 PM   #7
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

It never hurts to have your own shade. *NM*

Old July 2nd, 2002, 09:44 PM   #8
RobynC

Oh BOY!

I just emailed Todd as my plans for the weekend have adjusted to accomodate a Monday run! I hope he has room for me!!! Is anyone going up Sunday afternoon?

RobynC
Old July 2nd, 2002, 11:16 PM   #9
Magic Mtn Dan

Yes, you will want it to shield you and your car...

well, at least part of it can fit underneath. The interior (seats) get blazing hot under the sun for a full day. Be sure to bring a hat and sunscreen and water!

And have fun! Keep the rubber side down
Old July 2nd, 2002, 11:33 PM   #10
Larry Nakamura (In SJ)

I'll be there. Leaving SJ on Sat noontime. *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman