Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Westcoaster

30 days to service reminder?

I thought that this reminder to get service was based on 2 years or 30,000km which ever came first?

I took delivery of my car late October of 2006, I now have 17,900kms on the clock so I am not even close
to either limit. (It appeared on March 08).

Could this have been triggered when the dealer took delivery of the car?

Can it be reset to come back at the appropriate date?

Thanks
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Tomy996

Service light

What is the build date of your car? Mine is 10/4/05 with an "in service" and "delivery date" of 11/17/05. I watched it come off the truck and bought it shortly thereafter. I went through a similar thing with the service engine light as I had the dealer do the oil/filter change early in '06 and again in '07. As I recall, the service engine light came on in November of '07 (but coulda been October) and I just drove in and they reset it- no biggie. Your car COULD be due for the 2 year service depending on when it was built or delivered to your dealer. It appears the light has to come on in order to be reset- you can't reset it early.
Tomy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Westcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy996 View Post
What is the build date of your car? Mine is 10/4/05 with an "in service" and "delivery date" of 11/17/05. I watched it come off the truck and bought it shortly thereafter. I went through a similar thing with the service engine light as I had the dealer do the oil/filter change early in '06 and again in '07. As I recall, the service engine light came on in November of '07 (but coulda been October) and I just drove in and they reset it- no biggie. Your car COULD be due for the 2 year service depending on when it was built or delivered to your dealer. It appears the light has to come on in order to be reset- you can't reset it early.
You are probably right, I know the car sat there for awhile before I bought it, likely arrived at the dealer in April of 2006 and now almost 2 years later the light is on.

Since it is on and can be reset I wonder if I should just ask them to reset it?

As I mentioned I started driving it in October of 2006 and I think that it had about 36km on the odometer, probably enough to get the timer going.

Did they charge you to reset it?
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Tomy996

Service light

They didn't charge me but no guarantees your dealer won't. Especially if the service isn't done. The manual says 2 years OR 20,000 miles, as I recall.
Tomy996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman