Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 17th, 2002, 09:29 AM   #1
Jim

Conflicting statements re: OBC on '02

I have spokon to 2 different Porsche service depts. and they told me that they can't turn on the OBC for a '02 Boxster S. They said that I had to order it at the factory before I took delivery of it. Has anyone actually had a dealership do this on their '02 when they didn't order it?
Old September 17th, 2002, 09:38 AM   #2
JoshS

Yes... we did it on mine with no problems...

Go talk to Peter or Chris at AB. They'll turn it on for you. Show up at the next Hack Party possibly at Dr. J's..You might also want to search the archives.
Old September 17th, 2002, 01:36 PM   #3
Tool Pantsİ

Can't be done on a 2002

Ok, his is a pic of it being turned on on a Josh's 2002.

Old September 17th, 2002, 02:03 PM   #4
JB

OBC Hack Primer *NM*

JB's OBC Hack Primer
Old September 17th, 2002, 02:11 PM   #5
Jim

Thanks! Just frustrating that my dealer says no, I'll take it to AB *NM*

Old September 17th, 2002, 02:17 PM   #6
Tool Pantsİ

An 0BC wire picture for JB

I know the guys in the parts dept. So when they say the computer shows there are zero 09 wires in inventory, just 10 wires, I ask them to bring me the trays. They do not know how to tell the difference b/w the 2 types of wires, and mix them up when they put them in the part trays. I then sort through all the wires which have been mixed together and found the 09 wires I was looking for.

We have about 3 more trip computers to do so I will check out the wire question you had

Old September 17th, 2002, 07:28 PM   #7
Simon in Milpitas

Which dealership is AB??? what city is it in? *NM*

Old September 18th, 2002, 06:09 PM   #8
kat. (Santa Cruz)

Which dealership is AB-Anderson Beil

On Stevens Creek in San Jose -

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman