Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 14th, 2003, 09:29 PM   #1
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Way OT: Cassie has shown signs of recurrence

It's been 7 weeks since Cassie's splenectomy. She had shown a remarkable recovery for the past 5.5 weeks or so. However her eating habits started to change about a week ago. In addition, she's become a little more lethargic.

I took her into the vet yesterday for a check-up and blood work. The vet says she did look more pale than the last visit a few weeks back. The worse news was the report we got back today. Her red cell count is down and there are signs of atypical lymphocites as well. I have an appointment with an oncologist on Tuesday to discuss options.

While she still has a good attitude it's pretty clear that her time remaining with us probably numbers in a few months, if not weeks, at this point. Needless to say, I'm totally bummed out as she's been a part of the family for almost 12 years.

I guess I need to take a better picture to remember her by.
Old February 14th, 2003, 09:44 PM   #2
macsak

so sorry to hear tom, enjoy every moment in everything *NM*

Old February 14th, 2003, 10:54 PM   #3
JoshS

so sorry to hear that Tom...

we'll keep you guys and Cassie in our prayers. Just from the picture, it looks like she lived a very good life. Maybe Sunshine can come over and cheer her up...

Old February 15th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #4
scottinredwoodcity

we understand...

my wife and I lost our 14 year old JuneBug (lab mix) a few years ago. enjoy the time you have with Cassie.
Old February 15th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #5
x99shark

I understand what you're going through.

So sorry to hear the news. They really become like family members. My previous dog had a sudden and mysterious paralysis, slowly recovered over the course of a year and then had a stomach torsion and had to be put down. It rips your heart out.
Old February 15th, 2003, 10:07 AM   #6
Steve B

Lets hope for another recovery,

and enjoy the time with her regardless of whether or not it occurs.

We have been through the cycle with 5 Akitas now. Enjoy what time you can with Cassie.

Steve & Cindy
Old February 15th, 2003, 12:11 PM   #7
Paul in CA

Hope for the best

You never know. We'll get our dog Tiffy to say a doggie prayer for Cassie. We are up for a doggie party to cheer Cassie up as well.

I understand what you are going thru. Tiffy is 9 years old and we can't bear to even think of the possbiility of parting with her. We are planning to get another Westie from the same breeder and same breed line... in a sense maintaining some sort of continuium in our lives.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman