Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 15th, 2003, 03:56 PM   #1
Scott in SF

Will Ipod install with Becker AUX-IN interfere with V1 install?

Hello,

I want to install the Becker Aux-in kit into my CDR-220 for my Ipod. I have my V1 tapped into the phone power wire with the vampire tap. Will this be a problem?

Thanks for your help.

-Scott
Old July 15th, 2003, 06:25 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Re: Will Ipod install with Becker AUX-IN interfere with V1 install?

Sorry to answer your question with a question but what problem might arise? It sounds like you're asking if the V1 power consumption will be a problem if you install the Aux-in kit? Or are you wondering about any possible "conflict" between the iPod and the V1?

I'm not familiar with the Aux-in kit but I can't imagine how you'd have a problem with it while having a vampire tap powering your V1.

As for a potential problem with the iPod and V1, that's another story entirely and I have no idea.

I hope this was somehow helpful. I'm sure others can help a lot more
Old July 15th, 2003, 06:49 PM   #3
Scott in SF

Oops - I was confused. Two different phone wires.

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I was confused - I thought that the V1 was installed to the phone power in the radio - but it's not. It's installed to the phone wire that is part of the car.

-Scott

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman