Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions

Old April 4th, 2001, 11:33 PM   #1
Catalog Guy

Hey Babblers! Who's going to HP's track event?

Sounds like a blast to me! See his post below and link to the nifty web site he's set up to tell us all about vrooming about Thunderhill!

Who's in? Who's in?

Andrew
Old April 5th, 2001, 12:28 AM   #2
HP in SF

It'll be nice to see a showing of Boxsters...

So far, my signups include Subarus, VWs GTis, Audi S4s, BMW M3s, a couple of Integra Type-Rs, and my own Boxster S.
Old April 5th, 2001, 01:24 AM   #3
Tom Dee

Re: I'll probably join. *NM*

Old April 5th, 2001, 10:53 AM   #4
Trygve Isaacson

Thunderhill is great

For those who haven't been there, Thunderhill is a great track. Compared to Laguna Seca (which I love, and where a number of Babblers drove with TracQuest), Thunderhill is longer, more technical (Laguna seems like it has a sizeable straightaway before every corner, Thunderhill has more corners that are immediately connected to each other), and has miles more runoff area which means it's much safer if you leave the pavement. Not sure if I can make it to this event, but it sounds good!

I have in-car videos from Thunderhill on my web site below. I presume the full 3.0 mile normal direction course is the one for this event.

Trygve's In-Car Videos

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing