Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions

Old January 13th, 2001, 04:46 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

The BABBLERS are going RACING! SpeedRing BABBLERS EVENT!

The BABBLERS are going kart racing!

When: Saturday, 2/03/01
Time: 10:30AM (do not be late)
Where: SpeedRing (Mead Avenue in Santa Clara)
Cost: $20 per 12 minute heat. Figure on 2 heats minimum, 3 will be possible (maybe even 4).

Details: I've committed to at least 24 people! So I need you to commit to going ASAP so we can reserve enough time for everyone to get in at least two heats.

RSVP: e-mail me your commitment so I can get a head count and reserve enough track time for this BIG BABBLERS EVENT!

More info: Saturday, February 3rd is the first weekend day I could get with open time. The first 12 people will run in one heat with others watching. After that, the next 12 people will run. If we have more than 24 people then the next group runs otherwise the first group goes again.

We're gonna have some high-speed, competitive fun!

Another fun event by and for The BABBLERS.

To sign up for The BABBLERS, go to www.BABBLERS.org

Old January 13th, 2001, 05:00 PM   #2
scott in redwood city

ooohyeah! count me in! *NM*

Old January 13th, 2001, 06:11 PM   #3
Stephen Balsbaugh

Count me IN *NM*

Old January 13th, 2001, 06:41 PM   #4
Barbie Boxster

Is there a speed limit in this event?

I have to see this shifter kart thing. Is it like a go-cart when I was a kid going around a course and knocking into your friends to shove them into the tires or to spin them? We used to do this on Monterey Road in San Jose. And there is now a go kart business down the street from the place we used to go to. When I drive by it it does not look like they are using lawn mower engines any more.

Of course I now do this every day on the work commute on 101 and 280.

Jeff Lopez

Old January 13th, 2001, 07:01 PM   #5
Magic Mtn Dan

It's NOT shifter carts - but it's tons o'fun! *NM*

Old January 13th, 2001, 08:48 PM   #6
Andy Reary

Count me in too...

Sounds like a blast!
Old January 13th, 2001, 11:31 PM   #7
SfSF

I'm in!!!! *NM*

Old January 15th, 2001, 04:46 PM   #8
Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

count me in *NM*

Old January 15th, 2001, 05:06 PM   #9
Magic Mtn Dan

Get your name in now - this is gonna be a big kart party!

Our friend with the boxer motor (in the turbo'd Subaru), Angus sent me the following e-mail:

I was at Speedring for 2 sessions today and had a real blast.

One thing, we had a mix of hard core track geeks and girlfriends and friends and some hot lapping sessions were really killed by slow cars and "joyriders" so beware how you set up your groups. What is cool is that you can see your own position evolve each lap in your car via a display (great for inducing the red mist), and you get a print out of your own performance per lap at the end of the session.

Another thing, I bet a 35 minute session is about perfect- I imagine it will also tire most people out.
Old January 16th, 2001, 07:45 AM   #10
scott in redwood city

Audi group...

Hi Dan... The local Audi A4 group runs at SpeedRing on a regular basis. Many of them have lots of seat time at local tracks and are very quick at SpeedRing. If we end up have a short list, we could arrange a time to meet with them!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing