Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 8th, 2018, 08:14 AM   #1
Larry Suglia

Installing Trickle charger to battery Trunk light stays on.

I've just hooked up my trickle charger to the battery in the front trunk rather than through the window into the console plug. I noticed that the trunk light does not go off unless the trunk in locked closed. Is there a setting for this light, so it will go off when the other interior lights go off?
Larry Suglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 04:30 PM   #2
mikefocke

Run the cord under the door. There is a cutout in the rubber weatherseal just perfect for this. I used to do it this way and connect via the lighter leaving the entire maintainer sitting on the passengers footwell. To use the car, I'd just unplug the extension cord and leave it outside the car and could leave the whole maintainer inside the car if I was the only person to be in the car that day.

Pull the bulb?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 06:49 AM   #3
hloo10

Same method cord under door using cig lighter plug worked for a 986 and now 981. Plenty of weather strip there. My tender is actually outside the car.
hloo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM   #4
mikefocke

My car was outside under a Noah fabric cover during the winter when temps were low so that is why my maintainer was inside the car. 5 or so years, no issues though I probably never left it undriven for more than about two weeks. I even brushed off 6-8 inches of snow to get it back on the road if even for a day.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Tags
front trunk light