Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM   #1
River Rat

1st Post

I purchased my first Porsche Tuesday. A 2005 Boxster S with 4,731 miles on the odometer. Started looking on the Net for like minded individuals to learn from. I have only diven the car 200 odd miles and made it to page 6 on the Owners Manual. Busy at work but hope to read further this week end. Especially since this morning at 0530 the car alarm went off for no apparent reason. Keep the car in my garage locked up safe and secure.
River Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Welcome. Sounds like you picked up a nice low mileage used Boxster

Regarding the alarm... since it was in the garage was it also locked or did the alarm just go off?
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Snaxster

Welcome, River Rat and congrats from a fellow first-time Porsche owner. I wonder about the alarm, was the convertible top open or closed?

Best,

Snaxster
Snaxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:27 PM   #4
akif

Thumbs up

Congratulations!! I think I looked at that car too. Is it an Arctic Silver with PASM, from Los Gatos? That would have been my choice if I didn't decide to buy a new one.

Hope you have as much fun in it as I'm having in mine.

Not quite sure if it's a problem with me or the car , but 5 minutes after I get home, I wanna go out in it again.

1900 local miles in 2 weeks and counting.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #5
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by akif
Congratulations!! I think I looked at that car too. Is it an Arctic Silver with PASM, from Los Gatos?
The same.
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #6
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaxster
Welcome, River Rat and congrats from a fellow first-time Porsche owner. I wonder about the alarm, was the convertible top open or closed?

Best,

Snaxster
The top was up. I thought it was locked. Can't say for certain. But it was in there all night long and the alarm chose to sound 12 hours after I closed the garage door. Weird.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman