Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 24th, 2002, 07:45 PM   #1
Boxster Ben

Thunderhill in June or July?

Hey Babblers...I just singed up for a Thunderhill DE event on June 26 with the Northern California Racing Club...this is a bunch of grass roots folks from all over Nor Cal that are into DE's. They run three Thunderhill events per year. This is a great group...very safety conscious...on par with TRACQuest. This track is a really good place for beginners to drive safely because of the ample amount of run-off. You can only pass on both straights so you cannot get in over your head. I'm going so I thought it might be fun for some Babblers to join me. The price is good too. 185.00 which for an all day DE with run groups of 15 cars or so is very good. (Lots of track time, lunch included). It costs a fee of 40.00 per year to join the club. I'm also going to Tracquest at Thunderhill for a two day in July and would love to have some babblers company. Let me know.

http://www.ncracing.org/join.html
Old April 24th, 2002, 08:38 PM   #2
Rick Jiloty

Re: (more) Thunderhill in June or July?

also - Unlimited Laps (Babbler Hunpin Toh) - has an event at Thunderhill July 26

Unlimited Laps
Old April 24th, 2002, 08:50 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

I'm hoping to be able to make at least one of those events.

I'll probably need new tires by then as my S03's are more than 1/2 gone with 8K miles. And they haven't even been on the track yet. But that changes next Friday in Vegas
Old April 24th, 2002, 09:26 PM   #4
Keith Brewer

Re: Thunderhill in June or July?

I agree I was at the last NCRC event (silver boxster #197) and it was a well run event with lots of great people. Donutz racing is also hosting an event at Thunder Hill on the 31st of May, once again good group of people and safely run format. Donutz racing did have very qualified instructors available when I attended there last event.
Old April 25th, 2002, 09:14 AM   #5
scottinredwoodcity

Re: Thunderhill in June or July?

ThunderHill is a great learning track and fun to drive. I just spent 3 days with over 8 hours of tack time at ThunderHill with CSRG.
Old April 25th, 2002, 09:15 AM   #6
Chatter Box

I'm in! *NM*

Old April 25th, 2002, 10:46 AM   #7
RobynC

I was considering TQ's event, but this sounds good too...

Not sure...I'd rather have two days than one...and they are very close to each other. Ahhh...decisions, decisions.

Robyn
Old April 25th, 2002, 11:10 AM   #8
Boxster Ben

Come on...do both!!!!!! *NM*

Old April 25th, 2002, 05:42 PM   #9
Suwipin

I'm hoping to see you again in July Ben

Hi Ben,

I hope that I can join you guys at Thunderhill in July

Cheers,

pin
Old April 25th, 2002, 07:10 PM   #10