Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 11th, 2002, 02:51 PM   #1
Tool Pants

Wish I owned stock in a battery company

Since January I have replaced the battery on the Boxstir, Toyota truck, Honda motorcycle, and almost the Ford. Just 5 years for these car things? Ok, just 2 years on the motorcycle which is typical.

The Boxster uses a standard group size 48 battery, which is and has been used on many cars, but is not a popular size stocked by your local parts place. Best price I could find was the Deka/Duralast brand at Autozone, for $60. Has a vent tube. It has been 4 months and works like any other battery.

Boxster is from Autozone since Costco does not stock it. Toyota is from Costco. Honda Magna is from WallMart. Funny to see the same product at different places with different labels and prices.

Your battery consumer report guy.

Jeff

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman