Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 3rd, 2001, 10:31 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

What's the one thing everyone does but hates to do?

Well, I was thinking of something else (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

It's been a while since I've been here - I miss you "guys."

By the way, I've figured out only two benefits to moving:

1. You get where you want to go
2. It takes your mind off of very unpleasant things (like leaving friends behind and the tragedies in NY, DC and PA)

Anyway, greetings from SoCal! It's virtually nice to "be back."
Old October 3rd, 2001, 10:34 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

I've been in SoCal about two weeks now & I've seen two concept Porsches!!!

Here's one of them...

Hard to imagine what the "designer" was thinking of when he/she invented this.

Maybe it was the result of too much cold medication?

Old October 3rd, 2001, 10:35 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

Porsche responds to those coffee can & aero kitted cars with this...

hey, if one wing is good, two big ones MUST be better?

Old October 3rd, 2001, 10:44 PM   #4
"Foosball" Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Re: Porsche responds to those coffee can & aero kitted cars with this...

the drag alone on that thing would prevent the speed required to need such immense downforce.
Old October 4th, 2001, 05:03 AM   #5
Eric (NC)

Not a wing....

it's a SATELLITE DISH! (big grin)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1
Old October 4th, 2001, 01:33 PM   #6
Tom S.

That's not a Porsche, it's a Ferrari Testarossa...

2+2 concept car that was sold from a large collection by an un-named Royal from an oil rich kingdom in the Middle East. (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Nice to have you back in form Dan.

Tom S.
Old October 4th, 2001, 08:31 PM   #7
Magic Mtn Dan

Hi Tom - I read in AutoWeek that things are up in the air over the...

Monterey Historics. Sounds like the long-time organizer (forgot his name but I'm sure you know the gentleman) may get squeezed out. I had an idea but I don't know how valid it might be... maybe he can work out a deal to hand over the thing to the track and get paid a bunch of money instead of him controlling/organizing the event? I base this suggestion on the report in AutoWeek that seems to think he could lose control of it to the track.

The good news is that it sounds like Laguna Seca (oops, the Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca) is due for some upgrades and improvements. If true, that can only be good news!
Old October 4th, 2001, 11:12 PM   #8
Tom S.

Did you read AutoWeek issue 10/1 where ...

the response from SCRAMP, the organization that runs Laguna Seca, seemed to clarify the situation. Basicly, Steve & Debbie Earle are promoters that make a profit after all the expenses and charities are paid. Like everything else around here, the landlord (Laguna Seca Raceway) wants a bigger cut, if the information is correct that there hasn't been an increase in 14 years. They have higher expenses also. My guess is that this will be settled, as I am not aware of any other promoters that know the players (vintage car owners) as well as Steve. In my few conversations with long time participants over this, almost to the man they would not return if Steve would not return. Remember, the cars are the stars. (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

BYW, I have heard that the Coronado Historic Races (run by Steve) and other concours for the rest of the year have been cancelled.

Tom S.
Old October 6th, 2001, 03:35 PM   #9
Mark Bennett

It's actually a Skoda *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman