Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old March 8th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #1
The Voxster

Annual Trinity Rd Drive -- Sonoma to Napa (or vice versa)

The weather tells me it's time to go to Napa... like SOON. So here's what I'm thinking...

A fellow Boxster owner recently tipped me off to a road that was once ranked by Car & Driver at one of the top 10 roads in the U.S. for a sports car. After spending a bit of time on Google Maps, I found it! Check the link below. Truth is, I've been drooling to drive it ever since, and I think this spring is gonna be my time to do it, and we could combine it with a Napa trip. Interested?

Map of Trinity Road

There are two parts to this event, in my mind: the first part being the drive, participated in by those with the cars and those who appreciate a fun rip down a twisty stretch of road. The second part, we would meet the girls and/or others at the terminus of the road and do a Napa thing.

For the drive, I'm currently rallying as many drivers (many of them Boxster and/or Porsche owners) to drive it with me, starting in the morning of the 17th, but any any cars welcome!

I was thinking the drivers could meet up in the morning in Glen Ellen at the start of the road, drive its 12.4 miles of twisty bliss (or start in Napa and drive it twice) at whatever speed, and end up where the road terminates... conveniently right by Oakville Grocery, which is where we could meet the folkswho don't want to do the drive portion for a wine-country gourmet experience.

It would then be off to shopping at Oakville Grocery for some gourmet cheeses and other selections for lunch with big grins and messy hair and then we'd tool off to the picnic area at the Mondavi Famiglia winery (who love having picnic-ers) amongst their shade trees (or V. Sattui, or Silver Oak or wherever else) to eat with our new friends/drivers.

Ping me at bryan@sbcglobal.net and I''ll add you to the invite list! Looking forward to some fun!

Last edited by The Voxster; March 9th, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #2
Gerry

Looks like a fun road to drive. I'd love to go but next weekend is my wife and son's b-day and this weekend is the See the World tour II...24th is open and 31st is the Car Care day....
But if you guys end up going, please take lots of pix for me to drool on..hehehehe!

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #3
The Voxster

I'm actually going to car carer day... maybe I'll see you there. I have a brake flush scheduled, and I'll probably have somebody look at my top mechanism as well. We'll take lots of pics!
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Gerry

cool...i'll see you there T.I.A for the pix...

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #5
DimNSlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by damntall
The weather tells me it's time to go to Napa... like SOON. So here's what I'm thinking...

A fellow Boxster owner recently tipped me off to a road that was once ranked by Car & Driver at one of the top 10 roads in the U.S. for a sports car. After spending a bit of time on Google Maps, I found it! Check the link below. Truth is, I've been drooling to drive it ever since, and I think this spring is gonna be my time to do it, and we could combine it with a Napa trip. Interested?

Map of Trinity Road
Heh, I used to take that Road all the time when I lived in Santa Rosa/Petaluma to get to Mustards for dinner. Btw, Mustards is about 1/2 mile south of the exit and great restaurant/meeting spot.

It's an amazing drive.
DimNSlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups