Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 30th, 2002, 04:40 PM   #1
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

I bit the bullet and installed my tonneau cover.

Yes, I drilled the body. I may even go ahead and drill the dash. Anybody got a right angle drill I can borrow? I did paint the holes in the body but still need to reinstall the tenax fasteners with some sealer on them.

I still need to find a way to install the windstop. It looks like all that needs to be done is cut a slit in the tonneau where the bottom bracket is. If I mark it then it seems like any auto upholstry shop should be able to do the cutting & stitching so it has a finished look.

Old June 30th, 2002, 05:13 PM   #2
Tool Pantsİ

Re: I bit the bullet and installed my tonneau cover.

Think it may be too big to get b/w the dash and the windshield.

Old June 30th, 2002, 05:49 PM   #3
Eric in Dallas

Looks great Tom !!
Old June 30th, 2002, 05:59 PM   #4
June Moore

That is incredible looking. I don't even what it does??? Do you have to completly remove it to drive the car?? Sorry for sounding so blonde.
Old June 30th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #5
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

What's the overall height? It might just work. *NM*

Old June 30th, 2002, 08:11 PM   #6
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Looks Great! Congrats.... *NM*

Old July 1st, 2002, 09:03 AM   #7
jonathan

No need to drill

You can turn it in by hand. Just fit a socket over the end and start it by hand. Once it's started and stable you can use a socket driver to finish it. The dash is plastic and the screws are self-drilling so it's not too hard. Not trivially easy either.
Old July 1st, 2002, 09:46 AM   #8
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Thanks. I'll give it a try. *NM*

Old July 1st, 2002, 07:07 PM   #9
Taylor8ten

It looks awesome, Tom! I must confess that I got a good buy on a tonneau cover from a board member recently ($75 as compared to $800 from my dealer)... but I've chickened out and don't have the guts to do any drilling... even the self drilling screws now make me too squeemish! My hat's off to you! You did a wonderful job! Email me if you run into a friend that wants to duplicate your feat!
Robert Keppel,Jacksonville, FL
Old July 2nd, 2002, 08:43 AM   #10
Ken R

Tom, I have a angle drill...

Mine looks like its about 1/2 the size as Jeff's. I can take a picture if you want.

Also, does it look like there is anyway the cover can be modified so that it fits below a pair of humps?

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.