Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 26th, 2001, 02:09 PM   #1
Alex

Porsche mechanic in SF Bay Area? (1/2 Boxster related )

Hi,

I am getting a Ocean Blue 1987 951 (ie 944 Turbo) as a second car, and planning to drive my Arctic Silver Boxster S only in the weekends.

I heard the 951 could be a high maintenance car. While I will service my Boxster S at the dealer, I hope to support small business and have a local Porsche mechanic to service my 951.

Would anyone knows/recommends a good and honest Porsche mechanics in the SF Bay Area for my 951?

Many many thanks, (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

- Alex (just back from a months long biz trip)
Old August 26th, 2001, 10:39 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Hi Alex...

Check out the recommendations page - the link is to the left in the "BABBLERS Links" area.

Also, I recommend you check out European Auto Works in Mountain View. Ralph Foglein is a good, experienced guy and runs a clean, honest shop.
Old August 27th, 2001, 01:13 AM   #3
Alex

Re: Thanks Dan

Thanks Dan, as always,

My Diamond Silver 951 will arrive in a couple weeks from FL. I will definitely bring it over to the European Auto Works and try it out! As we know, the 951 is not as care-free (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Many many thanks,

- Alex. (00'S/AS/BKBK and 87'951/DB/LG)
Old August 27th, 2001, 06:35 AM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

Alex!

Hi Alex, I'm headed to Claridges this morning too. They're going to repair my A/C which has been on the fritz for a while (who knew, I hardly ever even turn it on). When I spoke to Kimo last week he mentioned that he was off today so I don't think he'll be there.

Maybe I'll see you there?
Old August 28th, 2001, 02:50 AM   #5
Alex H.

Re: Alex! (missed you today )

Hi Dan,

Yes, just found out at the dealer that Kimo is off today. Well, my car needs to stay at Claridge's overnight because they gave the 18" Turbo wheel that I ordered to someone else...

I don't think I can sleep tonight knowing that my Boxster is not home... (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

- Alex.
Old September 5th, 2001, 11:09 PM   #6
Alex H.

Re: Hi Alex... *NM*

Old September 5th, 2001, 11:17 PM   #7
Alex H.

Re: Hi Alex... (oops, try again) European Auto Works

Hi Dan,

Thanks for recommending European Auto Works at Mountain View. I did a visit to Ralph's shop yesterday, and found the shop was clean and the people were nice.

I've made an appointment with them for next Monday, and I will bring my "new-old" 951 to there for a quite few things. (now I really appreciate my Boxster S -- a much lower maintenance car compare to the 951 -- $$$$$ (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Thanks again,

Regards,
- Alex.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman