Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911

Porsche 911 Porsche 911 Forum

Old January 13th, 2017, 05:33 AM   #1
Singncwby

Exclamation New owner of 911, clutch problem

Hey everyone,

I am a new owner of 2001 911 with manual gearbox. And I do not like the way my clutch pedal behaves. When I bought it (used) I did not really pay attention to that, or the pedal was then fine... But now it's kinda spongy, and is positioned lower than it should. And it's too 'soft' to hit, also. First it just slightly irritated me, but a couple of days ago I had hard time changing gears (from 2-> 3 if that all matters). Plus, it made that strange sound....

My guess is that something went wrong with that clutch pedal, or maybe not enough fluid there... What else would you recommend to pay attention to? Because I want to look into it by myself first, and then will prolly get it to the station...
Singncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:16 AM   #2
Singncwby

Took my 911 to the station on Saturday, and they checked the error codes and stuff and said that the problem here is with a clutch slave cylinder. So I had to order a new one (https://www.carid.com/clutch-slave-cylinders/), and once I get it will make an appointment with the shop to have the stuff fixed... As it's too bad for teh clutch and transmission to drive, when the cylinder is in such condition.

Last edited by Singncwby; January 20th, 2017 at 08:05 AM.
Singncwby is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911