Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 21st, 2001, 07:43 PM   #1
Todd Serota (L.A.)

Upcoming TracQuest DE Events At Willow Springs, Pahrump and Watkins Glen

Greetings BABBLERS!

By way of introduction, through TracQuest, I put on DE (Driver Education) events at every track in California, Spring Mountain in Pahrump, NV and soon, Watkins Glen in New York. I have owned Porsches for 18 years, and currently have a 996 Cab that was featured on the cover of Excellence in the August, 2000 issue. Dan Feinberg and some other BABBLERS have attended TracQuest events (including TracQuest's most recent event at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago) and can tell you all about them. Indeed, Dan requested that I make this post about upcoming events.

TracQuest's next event will be on Monday, March 12th at the big track at Willow Springs in So. Cal. There's nothing like it for cornering speed anywhere on the West Coast, and likely in the country. It's a bit further than Buttonwillow for you folks in No. Cal., but well worth the drive if you can make it.

After Willow Springs, TracQuest's next event will be on Saturday-Sunday, April 7th and 8th at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, NV, 55 miles nw of Las Vegas. Spring Mountain is a great, challenging, technical track built, owned and operated by ex Can-Am racer Rupert Bragg-Smith, who also runs a Corvette/Camaro school there. It's definitely a hike for you No. Cal. folks, but it will be a great weekend if you're willing to make the trip. Better yet, event headquarters will be at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, where TracQuest will put on a lavish banquet on Saturday night. Even with all of the "newer" hotels on the Strip, the Mirage is still one of my favorites, and I'm really psyched to be using it for the event. Truth be told, I wound up there because all two (yes, count 'em - two!) hotels in Pahrump are completely booked that weekend, but after talking with a number of people, I'd rather be there anyway. It's only a 45 minute drive to Pahrump, and partying in the evenings in Vegas sure beats partying in Pahrump! :-)

After Spring Mountain, by popular demand, TracQuest is finally venturing back East for its first event! The event will be a joint event with Rennlist and will be at Watkins Glen on Tuesday-Thursday, May 22-24. Track time at the Glen is at a premium and events fill up very fast, so anyone interested shouldn't wait too long to decide.

Event write-ups and entry forms for all 3 of these events can be found on the TracQuest web site at www.tracquest.com. Additionally, there is a TracQuest DE board at www.tracquest.com/deboard for discussing track events and setting up your car for them. You can also get there from a link on the main TracQuest site. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email.

I look forward to seeing you at the track!

Todd Serota
tserota@tracquest.com
Old February 21st, 2001, 09:54 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Todd's TracQuest events are great! Get yourself & your Boxster out...

on the track at a TracQuest event. They have great instructors and plenty of them. They run at terrific tracks (Buttonwillow and Thunderhill would be ideal for first-timers). You can see how your Boxster goes and stops on the track (better/safer than doing it on public streets) and you can learn more about your Boxster and your driving skills without taking unnecessary risks.

Old February 21st, 2001, 10:49 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Dan, is that you BEHIND the S2000? *NM*

Old February 22nd, 2001, 12:22 AM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

Not a chance! Looks like your SpeedLingerie doesn't it? *NM*

Old February 22nd, 2001, 09:14 AM   #5
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Uh, no. No NBL ... Must be Tom D *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.