Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:29 AM   #1
dboy

Central lock trouble

Took the 986 out of its winter rest yesterday.
The central lock is working strange.
-The aftermarket remote controll makes the lights double blink to indicate it unlocks, but it doesn't.
-Neither does it work to unlock with the key in the door lock.
but,
-If I sit in the car it works to lock and unlock with the button on the instrument panel.

Anyone have some ideas? As it is now I can't lock the doors. Anoying!
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 04:17 AM   #2
dboy

Correction, the key work in the passenger door, so probably the fault is in the driver door, and the remote is probably connected somehow to the driver door circuitry.
I guess I need to figure out how to dismantle and check the door mechanism.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2020, 12:06 AM   #3
thunderstorm

This is often another case of bushing wear. Wear may be so bad that the rods connecting everything have fallen out and are sitting at the bottom of the door, to save yourself from hassle and probably money, try the professionals, reginaautocenter.com/...Goodluck!
thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 10:30 PM   #4
supercalifraj

Many cars today also feature systems which can unlock such things as the luggage compartment or fuel filler cap door. It is also common on modern cars for the locks to activate automatically when the car is put into gear or reaches a certain speed. Jump Start Regina
supercalifraj is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical