Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old February 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #1
Gerry

Box owners, anyone interested on driving PCH 1?

Hi all, wasnt sure if anyone would be interested. I got this idea from one forum member who went for a drive at PCH 1 just recently. I;m planning to go to PCH 1 myself and probably stay one night around March or early April.
The route would be from San Jose to San Luis Obispo via 101/46 and take Hwy. 1 @ Cambria to Lucia or Big Sur before the bridge (either stay there for a night or have lunch) and head to Carmel to Salinas. and from Salinas will take 68 to 101 North back to San Jose.
http://www.byways.org/browse/byways/2301/travel.html
Or if anyone is interested on leading this event or been there, done that pls. feel free to step in.

Tom, do i need to get a permission first before planning this event on this forum? If I do, I apologize in advance.

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
Tom, do i need to get a permission first before planning this event on this forum? If I do, I apologize in advance.
Nope. Feel free to plan away. This is how fun get-togethers and events get started.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Gerry

Cool! right on Now the waiting start...hehehehehehe!

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #4
Gerry

40 hits and no reply

*is that crickets that i hear as soon as i click on this thread? I just want to enjoy the drive with the rest of Boxster comrades...hehehehehehehehe! well, still 2 more months away. I'll get back to this next month

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

Patience.

It takes a bit of time for stuff like this to come together. You're likely to find that many participants will be last minute signups.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #6
davezaristo

me and 2 other friends, who happened to be boxster owners also, did a drive two weeks ago thru mt. tamp and stinson beach...Go ahead and set something up and i'll ask them and see if they are interested in joining...
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #7
Gerry

Cool! Im going to start setting up the lodging and stops soon. I might go first weekend of March to check out the routes that I have mentioned on top of the thread to get familiar with it.

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #8
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Keep us posted and thanks for taking the lead! It sounds like fun.
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #9
Gerry

You're welcome Bob
Before i could start planning the lodging part, Would anyone be interested on staying one night before heading to Bixby Bridge and back to San Jose?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 8th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #10
River Rat

I'd do it again in a heartbeat, Gerry, but wont know for certain about my schedule for another couple weeks. I'm a Navy Reservist and looks like I'll be shipping out for a few months starting end of March. At least, thats the rumor.

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups