Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old February 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #11
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Joanie & I attended the last WestCoastBoxterFest that Tom, Joanne, Sherrif John and a few others organized up in Tahoe. It was a blast and was hoping another one could be planned for the Santa Barbara area, but I know how much work it is to do a full-featured event. If you want to research it, I would love to do another over-nighter Boxster trip. PCA is doing one in Yosemite in March, but my schedule won't allow it.
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #12
Gerry

Your a Navy Reservist? that's pretty cool. I want to Thank You for serving our country Keep me posted about your schedule and If we could make it before you get shipped out, that will be awesome!

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #13
Gerry

i dont mind planning it and it will be pretty cool if it's going to be an overnight event. I want to enjoy the scenery on the way to Bixby Bridge coz' I never been in that area. If I get 5 or more confirmed that would like to stay overnight, we will plan it as an overnight event. I contacted Big Sur Inn already but don't have all the details yet....

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #14
Gerry

I just want to formally introduce myself by showing you guys my pic so you could a put face behind the screen and on who's excited about this fun drive

and the pix of my other baby

*sorry if the picture is too big. didnt have time to re size it

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 9th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #15
davezaristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
I just want to formally introduce myself by showing you guys my pic so you could a put face behind the screen and on who's excited about this fun drive

and the pix of my other baby

*sorry if the picture is too big. didnt have time to re size it
so which one are you in the pic Gerry?
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #16
Gerry

The one on top right with the big cheek next to my son

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #17
george g

Tour

Gerry good luck on your tour. Looking forward to the details.

George G ( Boxster Brunch )
george g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #18
Gerry

Thanks George Im planning to scout the place of lodging, rest stops and routes either on the 24th of this month or the 10th of March and then from there, details to follow hopefully this will turn out good

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old February 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #19
dedes

Hello Gerry,

Your idea would be a great drive down PCH 1. I am sure as the time gets closer people will think about taking a road trip like this. Keep talking.

F.Y.I. some people (from PCA) have signed up for the Yosemite Tour 3/24 - 3/25 with PCA. In May we are going to Laguna Seca/ Monterey 5/19-5/20 for a race. How about April sometime?

Another great drive ............. is up to Petaluma, first stop would be the bread factory in town (Della Fattoria), after the bakery make a left (go West) pass the National Guard Station, then make a Left on Springhill, continue until you see Springhill Cheese Factory on your right, stop for some great cheeses then continue on to some great roads (rolling hills and curves) to cruise on, stop at some winerys and cheese factorys along the way, stop at Marin Cheese Factory for lunch (picnic tables and a pond), then either go to the coast (Point Reyes) or end up at Rancho Nicasio for a cold drink ,entertainment or dinner. website: http://www.ranchonicasio.com/ You can view a map on their website. Then take the road south from Rancho Nicasio and make a left on Lucas Valley Road to Hwy 101 home. This could be a 2 day trip and great for the summer time. We did it in one day. Check it out .......the country is beautiful and roads are great to drive on up there too.
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #20
Gerry

dedes, thanks for the info on the dates. I was going to go signed up for the Yosemite Trip but that weekend is already book...meaning, gotta stay home and start cleaning the backyard...hehehehehe! The Laguna Seca in May sound really interesting, will there be more info in pca site?

The PCH drive will be around Mid-April coz' there's a lot of activities in between

I might try that Petaluma Drive one weekend with the wifey....one thing i could say is...Thank God, we' be driving a Boxster for all that Cheese Factory that we are going to stop by

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups